Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Arsenal FA Cup Semi 18/04/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

mike65 wrote: »
    I was refereing to a Chelsea player going down after the goal ;)

Ah sorry... then you were probably right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea
    Malouda 33'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Wooohoooooooooo C'mon Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea
    Malouda 33'

dammit

wanted 1-0 to arsenal at HT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

anyone got a stream for this game? The other ones mentioned dont seem to be working for me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Diaby and Eboue shouldn't be allowed near a pair of football boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

amacachi wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Diaby and Eboue shouldn't be allowed near a pair of football boots.

Sure then they'd only be even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

we've been over powered in midfield, chelsea are going straight through us

watching a stream where Petit is the half time pundit. He's looking well with the hair still. Tis all in french but the visual quality is top class

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/sat18.4/Arsenal_Chelsea6.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Very poor from Arsenal. Lucky to be level. It's just not happening up front and there's too many idiots trying to dribble the ball out of defence at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

A tough 4-4 match going to extra time penalties will suit me fine. As long as Arsenal are knackered for Tuesday im happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Happy enough with that scoreline. Performance hasn't been great but when your missing 4 of your back 5 and your main replacement centre back then the defensive mistakes are hardly a surprise.

Arsenal have much more attacking options to come of the bench and hopefully win it late on if they can hold out

pitch is a ****ing disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Headshot wrote: »
    pitch is a ****ing disgrace

Do ya reckon the two teams will tear up the pitch just so Man U twist a few ankles on it tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Glad to get in at half time level, the pitch is an absolute disgrace i cant believe how bad it actually is!

thankfully Gibbs was passed fit playing decent enough, the other 3 are all over the place. I dunno if Fabinski even realises the importance of the match.

Need diaby to do more and get into the game, but again the pitch isnt helping his game.

Chelsea are nothing special, i dont think we can afford to go behind in the match if we are to have any chance of winning.

well its 13 (chelsea 11 + the useless fabianski and Eboue) versus 9 at the moment. My god i thought that ball denilson played was carelessness at its best but surely big lanky diaby should have booted it away!!! i fear a hiding could be on the cards if wenger dont get it right at half time!!!

• Advertisement

For fúcks sake. Can somebody tell Arsenal to stop trying to dribble the ball out of defence?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

this game really feels like the proper Chelsea vs the proper Arsenal, they are both so much better than their start of season selves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Diaby is rubber, he's having an awful awful match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Coulda been a peno for Chawsea there, hand-ball by Silvestre

lucky boy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Denilson booked for pushing the ref, what'd he do that for??? :confused: Silly goose

Someone need their Arse Shaved? On he comes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Stupid from Denilson there, should've been sent off.

The pitch will be rolled tonight and look perfectly flat again tomorrow before the match. How with all the money spent they can get the pitch quality so bad is beyond my feeble mind.

dodgy keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

****ing Fabianski. Useless ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

How much longer is Big Al out for..................................how we miss him!

c-mon Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Chelsea certainly deserved the win - good match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Damn it, a lot of poor performances out there today from Arsenal, really needed everyone playing well when the team is so weakened by injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Well done to Chelsea, injuries have caught up with us,lets hope we can get some players back quickly.

• Advertisement

Injuries me arse. The team were shíte all over. Did nothing going forward and weren't really missing anybody bar Rosicky.

Injuries me arse. The team were shíte all over. Did nothing going forward and weren't really missing anybody bar Rosicky.

What do you mean,we were missing four of our first choice back five, that is going to impact our attacking part of the game

So so disappointing having to play that match with all those injuries in the defense such bad timing. Arsenals first choice GK and back four would have dealt with that chelsea team.

Didnt test cech half as much as he should have been, the players that came on then just couldnt get into it. Eboue legs were completely gone towards the end.

Anyway fcuk that Fabianski dope

OPENROAD wrote: »
    What do you mean,we were missing four of our first choice back five, that is going to impact our attacking part of the game

I mean defence aside it was pretty much a full squad, and in Eboue and Gibbs they had 2 decent attacking wing backs. Injuries were nothing to do with why Arsenal lost.

I mean defence aside it was pretty much a full squad, and in Eboue and Gibbs they had 2 decent attacking wing backs. Injuries were nothing to do with why Arsenal lost.

Yes we lost, but the defence does have an impact on team select, does it not,if we had our first choice defence, do you think Wenger would have picked the same midfield.

So thats it! Another false dawn! Another season without a pot to p*ss in and believe you me it will be, and all because Wenger believes the likes of Eboue, Silvestre and Fabianski deserve a crack at the bigtime!
    To be fair apart from getting turned far too easily Eboue wasn't too bad but fabianski who my father slated for not bothering to come off his line one night, couldn't come off it quick enough today! Our season is unravelling today just as last season because of injuries and the players that come in are terrible. Abou diaby is, as john giles would say "leggy". In my opinion his reaction id not quick enough to become a top player. why song was left on the bench is beyond me.:confused: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Almunia would have not let in that first goal and would have made a better attempt do to something more effective to stop the second imo.

Fabregras wasnt at his best and Lampard controlled things in the middle and deserved MOTM but overall its hard to take and cant congradulate Chelsea. They didnt play any great football at all imo and the second half as a whole was poor.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

We may have lost because of the defensive injuries but we still should have won that game.

Wenger got that so badly wrong. My faith in him is at an extremely low point at the moment. He bottled it. I hate that phrase, but in this particular case it is accurate. He talked the talk about going out to attack but when it came down to it he set the side out to stifle Chelsea. In the end all it did was stifle Arsenal.

Fabregas; playing in a too advanced role. Nobody to pass to. Wasted.
    van Persie; playing in a left wing role. Wasted.
    Adebayor; playing up front on his own with no support. Wasted.
    Walcott; our only real outlet, and when he did beat Cole he only had Adebayor to aim at. Wasted.
    Arshavin; on the bench for 70 minutes. What the ****?

Taking off van Persie and Adebayor - wtf? Wenger threw the FA cup last season and he did again today. If the FA cup doesn't matter to him, then why are we so far off the ****ing pace in the league?

The most infuriating thing was how unbelievably obvious it was that the system wasn't working, yet Wenger refused to change it. Making a mistake is forgiveable, refusing to fix it isn't. Chelsea didn't even have to play well to win. We were useless.

• Advertisement

Injuries were nothing to do with why Arsenal lost.

I think Almunias injury was a real big part of it.

Nasri and Arshavin should have started the game.

Chelsea did well adopting their usual boring dirty tactics.

Should make for a very dull final. Penalties win to Man U no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Nasri and Arshavin should have started the game.

Well definitely one of them at least, cannot understand why Arshavin was sitting on the bench for most of the game.
    I'd also have put Song in instead of Denilson on current form.
    I remain to be convinced by Diaby. True, he scored great goals v Newcastle and Villa this season but then you look at him today, he couldn't hold possession and kept knocking the ball ten yards ahead of him only to be intercepted.
    Adebayor was very poor but wasn't getting much support and Theo's crosses were mostly awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

who the fcunk is that keeper for arsenal

what a pile of dog poo...

how is he even a professional.

who the fcunk is that keeper for arsenal

what a pile of dog poo...

how is he even a professional.

If he is in goal for Arsenal he is good enough to be a professional.

Just really not good enough for Arsenal.

He'd probably be a legend at Newcastle.

cashback wrote: »
    Well definitely one of them at least, cannot understand why Arshavin was sitting on the bench for most of the game.
    I'd also have put Song in instead of Denilson on current form.
    I remain to be convinced by Diaby. True, he scored great goals v Newcastle and Villa this season but then you look at him today, he couldn't hold possession and kept knocking the ball ten yards ahead of him only to be intercepted.
    Adebayor was very poor but wasn't getting much support and Theo's crosses were mostly awful.

I thought the complete opposite tbh, his deliveries into the box where put in with pace and direction and mostly into good areas for the likes of ade and rvp to attack but they just were not there at the end of them.

Dont think you can blame Walcott for that he done his job! Our normal game with two up top and we might have seen the likes of rvp and ade getting to more of them crosses with flick ons etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

itsjaybud wrote: »
    Dont think you can blame Walcott for that he done his job! Our normal game with two up top and we might have seen the likes of rvp and ade getting to more of them crosses with flick ons etc.

At least three or four crosses went right over the box to the opposite wing.
    True he got a few in the general area but as has been common there was nobody there to capitalise.
    He was still one of the best in a red jersey today though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

We may have lost because of the defensive injuries but we still should have won that game.

Wenger got that so badly wrong. My faith in him is at an extremely low point at the moment. He bottled it. I hate that phrase, but in this particular case it is accurate. He talked the talk about going out to attack but when it came down to it he set the side out to stifle Chelsea. In the end all it did was stifle Arsenal.

Fabregas; playing in a too advanced role. Nobody to pass to. Wasted.
    van Persie; playing in a left wing role. Wasted.
    Adebayor; playing up front on his own with no support. Wasted.
    Walcott; our only real outlet, and when he did beat Cole he only had Adebayor to aim at. Wasted.
    Arshavin; on the bench for 70 minutes. What the ****?

Taking off van Persie and Adebayor - wtf? Wenger threw the FA cup last season and he did again today. If the FA cup doesn't matter to him, then why are we so far off the ****ing pace in the league?

The most infuriating thing was how unbelievably obvious it was that the system wasn't working, yet Wenger refused to change it. Making a mistake is forgiveable, refusing to fix it isn't. Chelsea didn't even have to play well to win. We were useless.

Must agree 100%. I'm not entirely sure why he thought that his 5 man midfield would math Essien, Lampard and Ballack while Adebayor would manage Alex and Terry alone.

I understand he gambled but his refusal to change things at half time (or even in the first hour) is very damning.

It is compounded by the fact that he switched tactics on 85 minutes when they were a goal down. Surely if he thought that his 4-5-1 was capable of winning when it was even, it was equally capable when behind? 85 minutes and a goal down is too late to realize you've made a tactical error. You either have faith and conviction in your selection or you don't.

For me, Diaby for Arshavin at 50 minutes, a VP up front and a 4-4-2 was crying out to be made. Ivanovic was on a yellow, Cole could be pushed by Walcott...

Instead Adebayor was isolated, VP was anonymous, Diaby for some reason found himself the most forward midfielder and Fabregas had noone to pass to.

AW got it very, very wrong today.

Almunia's injury is the only one I think might have made a difference. My point was though that Arsenal were terrible, moreso up front and in midfield than at the back. Chelsea may not have been great but they were better than Arsenal, who were lucky to even get one goal.

Also agree Wenger got it badly wrong with his formation and lineup.

Almunia's injury is the only one I think might have made a difference.

Yes but 2 goals of a difference. We tore them apart in the first half hour. Cole bottled it every time Walcott got the ball and true blue Englands finest John Terry belted the ball into the back of the stands every chance he got.

If Fabianski hadn't exposed himself as a poor keeper ( on this day anyway) we would have controlled and won the match.

I wouldn't fault Wenger, only Fab2.

It's his birthday though so let him off....it's only the FA cup...we are going to win the European Cup so anything else is really academic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

at least the FA cup final will be something to look forward to when Barça beat us ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

We played poor, but I think that's mainly to do with Wenger's tactics. This was an important game; why he didn't start Arshavin with Fabregas is beyond me. And Nasri, too.

I can excuse the 2nd goal but Fabianski really shouldn't have been beat at his near post. Very disappointing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement