Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Google ads on forums

Options
  • 16-04-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

for example just looking at the Red Dwarf Forum and saw ads everywhere for Smeg Refrigerators.

could be an occasional bit of fun for posters to note similar ones in their forums and stick them here.

who says feedback should be always deadly serious anyway?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Shamelessly stolen from kayroo.

dddddddyww.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

True... but I there's a thread in BGRH that has the same idea as you're proposing.
    Irony by google ads

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I broke my leg in Canada a few years ago when I snowboarded (sideways) into a tree.

I came home and wrote a post about it and Google put a "Save the Canadian Forests!" ad over it. :rolleyes:

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeVore wrote: »
    I came home and wrote a post about it and Google put a "Save the Canadian Forests!" ad over it.

In fairness, at the speed you probably hit that tree, there's a good chance you loosened a root or two.. slightly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

the thread about legalised marital rape in Afghanistan was bringing up a "meet Afghani women" personal ad site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Just reminded me of the scene from something about mary.

attachment.php?attachmentid=77550&stc=1&d=1239962360

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Beruthiel wrote: »
    In fairness, at the speed you probably hit that tree, there's a good chance you loosened a root or two.. slightly..
    Yeah. I'm all cut up about the tree.... :rolleyes: :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

DeVore wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm all cut up about the tree.... :rolleyes: :p
    DeV.
    Dammit DeVore, don't you care about the planet at all??!?!?!

Advertisement