Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to Service a Bross

• 16-04-2009 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi Guys,

I am planning on getting a Bros, seem to be some good deals at the moment.

I was just wondering where would you go to get it serviced as its an old bike.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Any motorcycle shop in the country. Every second courier bike in dublin is a bros, any mechanic will strip and rebuild their engine with their eyes closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snickers777

sound man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Snickers what's the Bros like to own?

Sorry for the thread hijack but I've always liked the bike!

-Fuel consumption? -Tyres? -I've heard that the suspension can give the goolies a bit of walloping, hard front forks I've heard, any truth to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snickers777

Hi Fabio,

ISorry man im just planning on getting one in the next couple of weeks,

My mate had one for three years, said its probably one of the best bikes for that size out there, plenty of poke and reliable as f**k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Depends on the service you want to do. If it's just a general service, do it yourself. They're dead easy. I'm mechanically illiterate, but I managed to change oil + filter, air filter, and spark plugs. So easy it's silly.

If you're looking for a full service, carbs cleaned etc. then Evoblade over on biker.ie is a dab hand at the oul Bros.

@ Fabio, it's an excellent bike. Easy to work on. Fuel consumption is bang on 50mpg, but the tank range is shiite - I get 135-140 before hitting reserve, but you start looking for stations around 100km's. Tank isn't nice to the manly parts, but I have a big thick tank pad and I don't have any problems. No idea about tires yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Stephen Motorcycles in Harolds X services mine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Whereabouts are you based, if your in Dublin you could try Tom600, or in Meath you could try Chopper they are both on Biker.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Nice one Dob and Snickers. Fuel range is very important really I suppose...almsot got caught riding back to Cork one evening after a trip to Skibereen on my Innova which holds only abnout 4 litres of fuel but does about 80 - 90 mpg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ill vouch for tom600 never got any work by him just know him. He genuine. Nice chap to. Few funny stories aswell.

Advertisement