Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick one about noise complaints

Options
  • 16-04-2009 6:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

Got a letter in the door the day from management company about noise levels at 4am from our place. Complainant said there was a party going on but the funny thing is we were away for a weekend the night of the "party" and besides we are NEVER noisy anyways.

Management company are refusing to say who complainant was so my question is simply how can I go about finding out who the neighbour was (have already tried the knocking on doors approach to no avail / what noise replies etc).

Can I simply put in a freedom of information request to the management company or will I have to go through a solicitor cos quite frankly idiot neighbours making up silly stories about non existent parties is ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

wouldn't it simply be easier to prove you weren't even in town at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Moznips

reply in writing that we you were not around that particular day and ask they forward this information onto whomever made the complaint
    noise doesn't travel just up and down but sideways:):)
    my friend was always getting complaints about noise from his apartment from the guy below them - the noise actually came from the neighbour beside my friend.
    i wouldn't bother trying to find out who is was - they'd never own up

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

They don't have to tell you, and probably shouldn't for fear of causing trouble. Even as a director of our management company (incidentally you mean the management agent contacted you, not the management company) I couldn't find out the source of an incorrect complaint about a for sale sign for our unit. They claimed for sale signs weren't allowed in the development - I proved they were but didn't know who had complained so hope the Management Agent passed the message on!

That's not much use to you I know, it's like an anonymous note. Put it behind you and move on. There's always someone complaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

there very well could have been a party, at that time of the morning it can be deceptive - I once lived in a place and was woken around 2 in the morning to an unbelievable racket...people home from the pub and had a party. At first I thought it was the people I lived with down stairs but there was no-one, then I thought it must have been next door neighbours...

Turns out it was a few apartments over, I never would have thought the sound could be so loud from an apt so far away especially given I had never heard a sound through the walls before. The direction where the sound is coming from can also be deceptive, especially in the still of night...

doesnt help you I suppose, especially as there is an incorrect complaint against you - but maybe the complaint itself was valid but if it was Im sure other people would have noticed...In my own case, I can only imagine how loud the noise was for the neighbours directly next to the partying tenants

Advertisement