Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumbling, fumbling, incompetent.

Options
  • 16-04-2009 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

That's our so called "governement".

Four months to prepare a budget that they said we wouldn't need in the first place and then they changed their mind.

Four months to prepare, discuss and clarify measures that were to balance our budget and , more importantly, to restore the confidence of the outside world into Irish finances.

One week after the big hullaballo there is just confusion ...this may not apply, that may be rescinded, the other thing wasn't quite meant the way it sounded and yeah ...it's gonna cost you more than we actually said. Don't ask so many questions, we will get back to you.

Confidence ...me arse :rolleyes:

These fools have lost the trust of their people and the rest of the world is laughing at them.

They need to go.

NOW !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I don't quite know.

- a general election? at least whoever was elected could claim to have the trust of the people

- a so called "national governement"? abandon party politics for a while, circle the wagons, focus on the crisis and its solutions.

Anything but the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Libertarian utopia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

ANARCHY!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist :P

• Advertisement

I'm at the point where I don't particularly care about the particular policies anymore ...as long as they are implemented and seen through with a degree of COMPETENCE

Even anarchy would be better than what we have at the moment ...but this society wouldn't be able to handle it and , I'm afraid, neither would our neighbours and "business partners".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Im all for a benign dictator for a while.

Several rounds of public executions, then let the Germans run the place while we all get drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

military coup anyone?

Any chance of discussing this in a semi-serious manner or should I rather join the choir and whinge about the public sector/social welfare instead? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

narwog81 wrote: »
    military coup anyone?

What - with the Irish army? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Im all for a benign dictator for a while.

Several rounds of public executions, then let the Germans run the place while we all get drunk.

the point where the Germans do actually have a hand in things could come quicker than you think. If the deficit and public spending can't be reigned in quickly enough and we have to go cap in hand to the EU, Ze Germans will most definitely be coming!

They will certainly have a few stipulations to any bailout cash we get. Any party in power at that time will get it in the neck from both Europe and the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

peasant wrote: »
    Any chance of discussing this in a semi-serious manner or should I rather join the choir and whinge about the public sector/social welfare instead? :D

Your opening post has been treated with all the seriousness it merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

While I'm fully behind the right to simply complain about the government, can this thread have a point? Or may I close it?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

except libertarianism is not a kind of anarchism, and is in fact the opposite in the most crucial respects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

peasant wrote: »
    Even anarchy would be better than what we have at the moment ...but this society wouldn't be able to handle it and , I'm afraid, neither would our neighbours and "business partners".

"Anarchy": The absence of government. Political confusion. Social uncertainty and unrest.

Why ask for what you already have?:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement