Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sliced ham

• 16-04-2009 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

:mad:was in supermarket on pollerton road this evening got 3 slices of ham at counter..........3.43 euros for .146 kilograms weighed,has the world gone mad or what ? anyway left it back . anybody else been charged ridicolous prices for meat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Ham in general is pretty expensive.

Kearneys Factory shop FTW, €11 for a big massive tray of sliced ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

:mad:was in supermarket on pollerton road this evening got 3 slices of ham at counter..........3.43 euros for .146 kilograms weighed,has the world gone mad or what ? anyway left it back . anybody else been charged ridicolous prices for meat

Is that the new Super Valu? That is not a good shop at all, Superquinn and Tesco needn't have sleepless nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

I have a ham addiction problem so much so i would have paid that for one slice.

In all seriousness though, some places charge through the roof for meat nowdays, i've just learned to go in and ask for an amount say €6 worth of ham instead because at least im not getting a nasty price shock then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

mfitzy wrote: »
    Is that the new Super Valu? That is not a good shop at all, Superquinn and Tesco needn't have sleepless nights.

i nearly always shop in supervalu, think the food is good quality, and the prices are reasonable too.

ham has gone away up in price since the pork scare that time.

btw not sure if this thread is suitable for here, possibly should be moved to food???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

patrickc wrote: »
    i nearly always shop in supervalu, think the food is good quality, and the prices are reasonable too.

ham has gone away up in price since the pork scare that time.

btw not sure if this thread is suitable for here, possibly should be moved to food???

Thoe ones in Tullow and B'town are really good stores alright but the one in CW town is of a lower standard. Much smaller range of products and "no comment" on the staff. All children basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

i shop here the whole time, shop quality is great, much cleaner then tesco and superquinn imo. certain staff could do with an injection of customer service, but aren't any better or worse then what i have experienced in any other food store. the price of ham is very high atm. deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Balls to that.
    Think it's time to buy a pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

good luck with that. with all the problems in the pork industry, there are precious little pigs. and you take into account feeding/cleaning. 6quid aint bad/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Any small shop is a rip off. Super value, spar, centra, they are all rip offs.

Go to dunnes, tescos or aldi and get package ham there. It may be a little differant, but you will save a lot on it. You can normally find specials on dennys or shaws sliced ham, 10 slices for 4.50 or something of the likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

Any small shop is a rip off. Super value, spar, centra, they are all rip offs.

Go to dunnes, tescos or aldi and get package ham there. It may be a little differant, but you will save a lot on it. You can normally find specials on dennys or shaws sliced ham, 10 slices for 4.50 or something of the likes.

ive never seen 10 slices of nice ham for that, possibly you'll pick up too packs of shaws 4 per pack for 5 euro now and then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

patrickc wrote: »

Cant say I agree.. In my own experience, Tesco has worked out cheaper. Plus you get a lot more club card points compared to the new super value scheme. Both stores have decent staff in any of the ones I shopped in anyway. Prefer SV in Tramore compared to the Waterford one which is a bit of a tip. Tho SV in Tramore only cleaned up the store because Tesco and Lidl opened up.

Or the Rip Off Ireland forum :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

uncooked fillets are nearly always on special.

About €6 per kilo - stick it in a pot of water for an hour & 10 min and you have far better ham for a quarter of the price. - it will keep good for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

raths shop

Advertisement