Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

caller id query

• 16-04-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

have searched the sticky read me but the info's not there ..

does anyone know what prefix to use to display your number on a per call basis?

I think it's a 141 / 142 but not sure if there's any * or # needed

I have my number blocked for outgoing calls but want to have the number shown when I call some numbers but without having to dial
    "caller id prefix + number" each time

What I want to do is edit phonebook entries to they have the prefix there and i can just select the entry as normal

on O2 if that makes any difference

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

141/ 142 is landline if i remember correctly.

Mobiles are #31# and *31#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just to confirm what Davy said.

*31# shows your number
    #31# hides your number

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Random wrote: »
    Just to confirm what Davy said.

*31# shows your number
    #31# hides your number

I'm also interested in this. Excuse my ignorance but does it just do it for that single call you make or does it do it until you change it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

joey54 wrote: »
    I'm also interested in this. Excuse my ignorance but does it just do it for that single call you make or does it do it until you change it again?
    It applys to that call only.

Your network determines if your ID is shown or not otherwise (you can ring them and have it changed on your account). The default is that it is shown. You can also change this setting on your phone but I think this pretty much just tells the phone to add the prefix before the calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

joey54 wrote: »

Yes exactly what random said, it works that way. The way to use the private function is to decide if you want most calls unknown or if you want them to see the number.

If you have it set to private, then you can store the numbers you normally ring with the *31# prefix to show your number. Easy fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Random wrote: »
    It applys to that call only.

Your network determines if your ID is shown or not otherwise (you can ring them and have it changed on your account). The default is that it is shown. You can also change this setting on your phone but I think this pretty much just tells the phone to add the prefix before the calls.
    Davy wrote: »
    Yes exactly what random said, it works that way. The way to use the private function is to decide if you want most calls unknown or if you want them to see the number.

If you have it set to private, then you can store the numbers you normally ring with the *31# prefix to show your number. Easy fix

That makes sense. It's very handy function to have. Most of the time I want my number shown but there is the odd occasion where I have the need to put it on private.

Advertisement