Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ending a Lease early.

• 16-04-2009 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I am a student living in an apartment with 2 others in Dublin. I have been living here since last september but the other guys have been here for the last 3 years. They have sublet the place each summer and kept the place on for college. We are all on pretty healthy terms with our landlord and he seems like a reasonable guy.
    My question is, we are all finished college this year so we will not be keeping the place on next year. our lease ends in September, but instead of having to find people to sublet it for the summer, we are wondering if the landlord may release us from the lease. I have contacted Threshold about this but i am waiting for them to get back to me. We are all hoping to go away travelling for the summer and it would make our lives much easier if we did not have to find people to sublet the place for 3 months. Also, our furniture is in pieces and the landlord has promised to replace it for months now. We don't mind and never made a fuss about it (we're students ;) ) However, I feel it may make it more difficult to find tenants when they see the state of the furniture.

I heard something about giving a certain amount of notice beofre being released from a lease early? We are hoping to move out this time next month. Would this be too little notice, or would it depend on how willing our landlord is to let us go?
    I appreciate any advise, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

What does your lease speifically say about giving notice?

If it doesnt have anything spefic then you are technically tied to it and have to sublet until the lease expires.

Technically speaking of couse.

People hear about giving one months notice but that is in absense of any written lease agreement.

Advertisement