Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions on how to hide an ugly outdoor boiler?

Options
  • 16-04-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

We've an ugly oil burner outside in a very prominent position in the garden. It needs to be hidden somehow and the cost of moving it to a less conspicuous location is out of the question but it needs to still have accessibility for servicing. All/any suggestions welcome!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Trellis and some planting , Climbers best trick.

or

Subtle Painting.

Trick is to try and blend into the garden rather than overpower it.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

I get what you are saying about trying to make it blend alright. It's proving to be a bit of a sticking point with a house sale so we need to rectify it now but I'm just not willing to spend thousands! Is there a fire risk by having trelis around a boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I get what you are saying about trying to make it blend alright. It's proving to be a bit of a sticking point with a house sale so we need to rectify it now but I'm just not willing to spend thousands! Is there a fire risk by having trelis around a boiler?

Could you put some of those timber fence panels around it? You could hinge them and put a latch on it so the boiler is accessible. I couldn't see it costing over 100 euros if you do it yourself

Advertisement