Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITs

Options
  • 16-04-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

hey so im thinking of going to an it next year.I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is difficult to get to know people.I would imagine universities would be easier.so if someone is going to an it and would give me some insight please.Im not sure if this is the right forum for this so feel free to move.The it im thinking of going to is gmit but I would imagine it would be the same for all ITs.Maybe im wrong but i would imagine DBS,WIT,LIT to be similar.
    Thanks

Comments

...I really don't know why it'd be easier to get to know someone in different colleges. You'll be grand! Just enjoy it and don't worry too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ITs tend to be smaller, so on that basis, I'd imagine it's actually EASIER to get to know people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Nevermind!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I don't really see how it would be any different? My sister first went to a University and then changed to an I.T and she has so many friends in both.
    In an I.T you still have lectures with other closely linked courses and you still have a campus, so I really doubt any is easier than the other.
    I've applied for both University and I.T's, but am hoping to get D.I.T, seems to have a really great atmosphere and small classes too.
    It would probably just depend on your course and personality how easily you meet people.
    But don't worry, we're all going to be in the same boat come September! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

poisonated wrote: »
    hey so im thinking of going to an it next year.I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is difficult to get to know people.I would imagine universities would be easier.so if someone is going to an it and would give me some insight please.Im not sure if this is the right forum for this so feel free to move.The it im thinking of going to is gmit but I would imagine it would be the same for all ITs.Maybe im wrong but i would imagine DBS,WIT,LIT to be similar.
    Thanks

hey ... I'm going to gmit aswell!!!!! what campus is your course in?

• Advertisement
Advertisement