Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROOFING A SHED felt it or not??

Options
  • 16-04-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi,Im currently in the process of reroofing a shed and it was suggested to me that felting same might be a good idea, to me l only associate felt with a house roof and did not really think about putting same on a shed roof but l was advised that it l put felt on it would stop condensation and mean that l would have a dry shed which l need as l will have electric tools and an electric lawn mower in part of the shed another part will have turf and another part will have coal briqquettes and things like that, anybody any suggestions regarding felting or not felting a roof?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

I built a shed last year and in a previous house i had to re roof a shed after it had rotted.both times i used a can of roof tar and some felt. i painted the tar on with a brush in sections slightly larger than the width of the felt,then rolled the felt out flat,pinned it down with roofing tacks, then overlapped the next sheet of felt/tar. both had no leaks and the last shed was perfect for over 6 years before i moved.

thinking back i'm not sure it was really tar,it was a thick sticky black,but could be painted on.

found the product...cant post a link but its on b&q website

look for

Aquaseal Firmafix Roofing Felt Adhesive .

8 pound a tin.

paint on and lay felt. worked for me

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

Hi Thanks for the reply the battons are on now so l will have to go with non drip if l do anything about condensation as l suppose its 2 late to put on felt thanks for your reply its the first l got had to put this on woodcraft forum got a larger response there thanks again for your help

Advertisement