Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Landlord Requirements for Tenant Changing to Rent Allowance

Options
  • 16-04-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My tenant has become unemployed and he now needs to pay rent via rent allowance, which I have agreed to facilitate. I know very little about the subject, outside the fact that my tenant will arrange it with social welfare, who will then pay it to me directly.

Can I ask anyone with experience on the subject, do I have an obligation as a landlord to do anything in preparation of this? (eg paperwork).

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for All Reponses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Your tenant will get an orange form that has a section that needs to be filled by the landlord.
    Nowadays the social welfare looks for a lease on the property.
    You should have your tenant registered with the PRTB
    Give them a rent book

Note: Most social welfares now pay the rent directly to the tenant ( Apparently it's their rights) and not matter how many letters you write they won't pay it direct to you.

Advertisement