Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Northern Ireland

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Gruffalo

futurehope wrote: »
    Not really. The UK State will define the areas and offer them to The ROI. Those that The ROI agrees to take (if any) will have a vote and if passed they'll be transferred. Seems pretty simple to me. Throw in a few relocation grants for those who don't want to stay or don't want to go and Robert is indeed your uncle. There'd be some teething problems, but nothing to scare the horses.

Of coures you have nothing to back any of this garbage up. There is not even a unionist party that support this tripe. Cuckoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

ardmacha wrote: »
    Indeed. If there is a moderator on this thread then please close it. There was some debate initially, but any pretence at reasoned debate is gone with references to thick micks and the like.

There is little point to any of these NI threads, and they all go the same way. It's unrealistic to expect moderators to close threads because unionists and nationalists are finding each others' opinions provocative and annoying, because you invariably do find that. Our only option would be to close all NI threads as soon as the first nationalist or unionist comment appears, and that would be a full time job in itself.

Some of you are also forgetting that if you want to complain about posts, you use the complaint feature, and if you want to complain about the moderation, you do it in Helpdesk. Whining about how we're 'pro-unionist' or 'pro-nationalist' on thread will eventually attract censure, because we have no reason whatsoever to put up with that kind of abuse when we're voluntarily trying to ensure debate is kept within the bounds of politeness without becoming some kind of thought police. I don't care how annoying you find each other - I've agreed to help enforce the forum charter, and those that aren't breaking it aren't breaking it.

So, on the usual basis that this NI thread is not going anywhere, and has degenerated into the usual slagging match, it is closed, as usual. I will see you all, no doubt, on the next one, which I will, no doubt, be closing for identical reasons.

mildly irritated,
    mostly bored,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement