Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One way ticket to Peru

Options
  • 16-04-2009 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hey,
    Im planning on travelling in South America this summer, hopefully flying into Lima to meet up with some friends. I have also applied to go back to college in September but will not know if I have been accepted until after I go away. So my return date is dependent on that. For that reason I was going to just buy a one way ticket out and book the return when I got out there. I heard a rumour though that on arrival in Peru you might need to show that you have a return flight. Does anybody know if this is a strict policy or just a loose guideline? Or has anyone been in a similar situation?
    Thanks if anyone can shed some light

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Your problem of not having a return flight will more than likely not be with the Peruvian immigration. It will be with the airline. Most airlines won´t board you to countries that officially require proof of onward travel without you showing proof of a flight outta the country. The reason is because in the event that Peru do look for a return flight and don´t allow you in. The airline has to cover the cost of flying you home. So you should ask the airline. If they have no problem with it you should be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 mickedm

Thanks. I was going to fly with Iberia. hopefully they'll be cool about it. Better check I suppose though.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

you could get a return ticket that has an option of being changed. ask in the travel agents about this and they should be able to provide more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 mickedm

cheers. Unfortunately you can only change the dates of departing flights and not the location so was hoping to not have to restrict myself

Advertisement