Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Accusations

Options
  • 16-04-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Who do i go to pursue this matter as im shocked that my name has been dragged through the muck like this.

basically im suspended with pay due to being accused of defrauding the company by means of a return.

Now, I have proof i actually bought the item from the shop. proof is a reciept.

I find this is a long line of things such as not paid right, and hours being cut more than people with less sevice.

Basically i want to get the most out of this, as they shoudnt be alowed to get away with this crap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Standard procedure is suspension with pay while a serious matter is being investigated, unless they broadcast it over the company intercom i cant see you getting anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

Basically i want to get the most out of this

I'd offer advise except for this bit right here. that just screams of you wanting to drag then through the court system, plaster you story all over the red tops and get as much compo as possible. if it was me I'd be more inclined to defend my good character, by allowing the company it's due process and then look into the matter.

how do they claim you are trying to defraud then? when you say a return do you mean a tax return? or you returned an item you purchased back to a store?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dade wrote: »
    I'd offer advise except for this bit right here. that just screams of you wanting to drag then through the court system, plaster you story all over the red tops and get as much compo as possible. if it was me I'd be more inclined to defend my good character, by allowing the company it's due process and then look into the matter.

how do they claim you are trying to defraud then? when you say a return do you mean a tax return? or you returned an item you purchased back to a store?

I leave the red top and local papers to the scangers and foreign nationals. Its not a good idea to broadcast a situation like this across the country, then my name will always have a stigma attached to it.
    It would be nice to get as much as possible out of them because they are attacking and dragging the most important thing I have, my name through the mud, and that is not on.

God the allegations are nothig as complex or sane as tax evasion or dodgey returns. Basically I bought a product in the store, it has a 4 year guarantee, the product has since broken so i returned it for a replacement(€80 worth of the same thing,or so i thought).

They are claiming i didnt buy it there, and to make it look like i did i removed 6 tamperproof stickers from another item, transported them home without ruining them, they perfectley fitting them to a object that would not have the best surfac to adhere to.

This isnt the first time the management have played dirty with staff, but Im not going to take it.

.....scangers and foreign nationals. .....
    It would be nice to get as much as possible out of them because they are attacking and dragging the most important thing I have, my name through the mud, and that is not on..

well comments like "i want to get as much out of them as possible" group you right up along with those nice "scangers and foreign nations" (of which i am one, foreign national not scanger :D so nice tar brush you're using there) that you so eloquently comment about. but that's just my opinion.

Basically I bought a product in the store, it has a 4 year guarantee, the product has since broken so i returned it for a replacement(€80 worth of the same thing,or so i thought)...

Did you work in the store at the time you bought said item? you have a proof of purchase? is it store policy to allow employees purchase stuff? do you need the receipt signed by a manager/supervisor? if so was that done? is there a record in some sort of staff purchase record or something like that?

They are claiming i didnt buy it there, and to make it look like i did i removed 6 tamperproof stickers from another item
    tamper proof stickers? what sort, identifying them as the supplier or something like that?

This isnt the first time the management have played dirty with staff, but Im not going to take it.

fair play, is there conclusive proof or just hearsay that they have behaved in this way in the past? has anyone taken legal action on similar complaints/allegations in the past? what was the outcome? the reason i as is that if there is a history of same then you have a stronger legal case (if your allegations are well founded)

best advise is document the matter fully, contact a lawyer and let them handle it.

well comments like "i want to get as much out of them as possible" group you right up along with those nice "scangers and foreign nations" (of which i am one, foreign national not scanger :D so nice tar brush you're using there) that you so eloquently comment about. but that's just my opinion. .

Well thats the way the red tops are, I dont write them but scangers and foreign nationals seem to sell the most papers!

Did you work in the store at the time you bought said item? you have a proof of purchase? is it store policy to allow employees purchase stuff? do you need the receipt signed by a manager/supervisor? if so was that done? is there a record in some sort of staff purchase record or something like that?
    Ye, I worked there when i bought it following the procedure everybody else follows, and is accepted.

tamper proof stickers? what sort, identifying them as the supplier or something like that?
    The stickers are designed to rip so you cannot remove them, they claim i removed them.

fair play, is there conclusive proof or just hearsay that they have behaved in this way in the past? has anyone taken legal action on similar complaints/allegations in the past? what was the outcome? the reason i as is that if there is a history of same then you have a stronger legal case (if your allegations are well founded)

best advise is document the matter fully, contact a lawyer and let them handle it.

Conclusive proof? not hard evidence but one of the other workers has been harrassed and bullied by the manager, I dont know what he did to stop it, but id imagine its on paper. I dont know if there is a history in the courts of it but there certainly is a history of it in the particular store!

Bunch of assholes, Im going to wait for the disciplinary meeting then decide what to do, either way there is no way you can go back to work with a bunch of scumbags like that. Ive Zero respect for management now and never will, hopefully they transfer the manager out.

• Advertisement

Well thats the way the red tops are, I dont write them but scangers and foreign nationals seem to sell the most papers!

generalise much? i thought news sold papers, between this and the comments at the end maybe this attitude is why you're in the bother you're in. you really need to kop on to yourself
    Ye, I worked there when i bought it following the procedure everybody else follows, and is accepted.
    good, so you can prove it, there is a record of the transaction in what ever log is used to record staff purchases?
    The stickers are designed to rip so you cannot remove them, they claim i removed them
    i know how they work, they're used on PCs etc for license codes. also used by security companys, some of them even leave a tattoo on the device if the label is removed. so if you did remove them from the device it should leave a trace
    Conclusive proof? not hard evidence but one of the other workers has been harrassed and bullied by the manager, I dont know what he did to stop it, but id imagine its on paper. I dont know if there is a history in the courts of it but there certainly is a history of it in the particular store!
    so you're speculating that it has happened before, your also mixing up alleged bullying with your situation, are they of the same or different nature? if it's here-say it wont stand up if you make the matter legal make sure any allegations you make are substantiated
    Bunch of assholes, Im going to wait for the disciplinary meeting then decide what to do, either way there is no way you can go back to work with a bunch of scumbags like that. Ive Zero respect for management now and never will, hopefully they transfer the manager out.

did you have any respect to start with? seriously between your scanger and foreign national comments have you thought that your attitude may be making the situation worse than it is? when they approached you about the situation did you just fire from the hip or did you discuss it rationally? when teh meting happens go in with an open mind, avail yourself of any rights to representation etc you are entitled to prior to the meeting and be sure you know your rights in that regard.

I'm being treated like crap at the minute and would like nothing better than to leave the CEO holding his teeth in his hands but i cant do that. instead i employed the services of my union to handle the matter as best as possible. i simply repeat what they tell me to. we systematically attack every point in their letters and render them useless. this is your best option, going in with the attitude you are displaying here wont help your situation, it'll immediately get everyone on the defence and no middle ground will be found. if i was you I'd be getting a lawyer PDQ

generalise much? i thought news sold papers, between this and the comments at the end maybe this attitude is why you're in the bother you're in. you really need to kop on to yourself

good, so you can prove it, there is a record of the transaction in what ever log is used to record staff purchases?

i know how they work, they're used on PCs etc for license codes. also used by security companys, some of them even leave a tattoo on the device if the label is removed. so if you did remove them from the device it should leave a trace

so you're speculating that it has happened before, your also mixing up alleged bullying with your situation, are they of the same or different nature? if it's here-say it wont stand up if you make the matter legal make sure any allegations you make are substantiated

did you have any respect to start with? seriously between your scanger and foreign national comments have you thought that your attitude may be making the situation worse than it is? when they approached you about the situation did you just fire from the hip or did you discuss it rationally? when teh meting happens go in with an open mind, avail yourself of any rights to representation etc you are entitled to prior to the meeting and be sure you know your rights in that regard.

I'm being treated like crap at the minute and would like nothing better than to leave the CEO holding his teeth in his hands but i cant do that. instead i employed the services of my union to handle the matter as best as possible. i simply repeat what they tell me to. we systematically attack every point in their letters and render them useless. this is your best option, going in with the attitude you are displaying here wont help your situation, it'll immediately get everyone on the defence and no middle ground will be found. if i was you I'd be getting a lawyer PDQ

I came here to get advice, not to be attacked by PC or people with a agenada. Im sure you are a grand foreign national and there are plenty but unfortunatley statistically it seems you are in a minority. can I please go back on topic??

well they said i removed a sticker that is designed not to be removed and place it on another item.

Im not mixing bullying and harrassment up with anything, this event is the latest in a line of events that when combined could be taken as harassment and bullying. My co-worker has suffered the same type of harrasment and im pretty sure he would be behind me in any legal action. I dont want legal action, but it may be the only effective avenue of defense available to me.

Please dont give me this patronising attitude anymore, your going on about how bad I am however you have never met me??? I go to work and do what is asked of me and then some. How can you possibly have a rational meeting if the basis of the meeting is so absurd that i thought it was a piss take??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

did you have any respect to start with? seriously between your scanger and foreign national comments have you thought that your attitude may be making the situation worse than it is?

thought the same thing myself. Also the overly defensive attitude displayed here may be your undoing, if even half the attitude and disrespectful comments you displayed here were presented to your employer they may feel justified in seeing this out to the end. At the end of the day it is an investigation which they are entitled to conduct - they are not putting up notices in work (I assume) stating that you stole goods. If they did that it would be a 'false accusation', otherwise they are just investigating a situation they are not happy with.

Never mind, if you do loose your job I'm sure some scanger or foreign national will gladly fill your shoes. maybe you can get another job selling the Herald at traffic lights.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

back to your original question kinda how did they drag your good name through the mud?

thought the same thing myself. Also the overly defensive attitude displayed here may be your undoing, if even half the attitude and disrespectful comments you displayed here were presented to your employer they may feel justified in seeing this out to the end. At the end of the day it is an investigation which they are entitled to conduct - they are not putting up notices in work (I assume) stating that you stole goods. If they did that it would be a 'false accusation', otherwise they are just investigating a situation they are not happy with.

Never mind, if you do loose your job I'm sure some scanger or foreign national will gladly fill your shoes. maybe you can get another job selling the Herald at traffic lights.;)

dont patronise me, Im well educated thanks to YOUR taxes funding University degrees, Im not going to be queing for a londis job unlike some.

ah yes great advice! you should do it full time and go on TV.

what the hell is the problem with this board and its PC, moral high ground bollix, then take some cheap shot?? I posted here on the off chance somebody *may* have some advice buts its all been attack attack attack, low blow, all while stating that your better than me. In the words of a man with more honour than me **** OFF.

Tell me what you would do in the situation, so that I can make the right decision and do the total opposite.

excellent advice........you should get a gaisce or somthing.

I was accused of fraud its a false accusation, It is NOT just investigating somthing you are unhapy about, thats what a talk is for not suspension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

nice way to make your point OP

/ locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement