Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackie Healy Rea

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dean D

Does this man command a good level of public support?
    I have heard him a few times in recent months on the radio...and he comes across as not much more than a raving lunatic.
    The man cant string more than a couple of words together before raising to a crecendo of screaming.
    Well who did you think the people of Kerry South would vote for :D
    SeaFields wrote: »
    The Healy Rea clan has been described to me by locals down there as a vote getting machine. They do seem to sincerely go out of there way to get things done. Girlfriends father was having problems getting his single farm payment one year. Rang Jackie who said he would look in to it. Within a few hours he got a call to say the cheque was in the post. At the start of all this economic mess, a letter went out to each individual constituent saying that if he could help at all with anything 'in these bad times' to not hesitate to ask and that 'please God everything will be alright'. How many other TD's did the same?
    He's also refused to voluntarily give up his long-service payment, so I'd see that as a fairly empty gesture

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

SeaFields wrote: »
    At the start of all this economic mess, a letter went out to each individual constituent saying that if he could help at all with anything 'in these bad times' to not hesitate to ask and that 'please God everything will be alright'. How many other TD's did the same?
    I'd be curious to know were the letters paid for by the taxpayer?
    eoinbn wrote: »
    the council, who uses HIS OWN plant hire company to do the work-€700k last year alone from Kerry county council.
    Were these put to tender by the council?
    Apparently by other western standards we are way over represented in this country.
    and ironically very few TDs represent their electorate given how out of touch they seem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

eoinbn wrote: »
    Healy Rea is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with this country. It's bordering on a mafia family the way they have their fingers in the Dail, local council and plant hire machinery. Jackie gets some money for propping up the government, passes it to the son in the council, who uses HIS OWN plant hire company to do the work-€700k last year alone from Kerry county council.

Yes and they even had the vanity to have a new council estate in their hometown Kilgarvan, called "Healy Rae Park":rolleyes::eek::mad:. They are known as the Kilgarvan Mafia and they are a perfect example of what is wrong with Ireland. They even have the local postoffice sowed up and all.

Such letters kbannon are paid for by the taxpayer as they are Oireachtas envelopes used for canvass, a good friend of mine lives down there and they even have a huge sign of Healy Rae up outside the village.

I think these images say it all

Jackie walks on Water, hallelujah
    powerful.jpg

Seeking Divine Inspiration
    sermon.jpg

Having the spud
    spuds.jpg

Watch your head there Michael
    sign.jpg

Cute Puppy FTW!
    dog.jpg

Itchy feet
    feet.jpg

Dotty and Dolly
    father&son.jpg

These are not photoshops but from his website http://www.jackiehealyrae.com/

There is even songs made up about them and if you are in Kerry South you will hear the spouting from the bangers used on the canvass as the Mercs will not be seen at this time.

I must pop in there for a pint next time I am down it should be larf.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

seems like a real man of the people then :D
    mumhaabu wrote: »
    Itchy feet
    feet.jpg
    eeew - at least Bertie never did that!

Advertisement