Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nct in the morning, no tax on car

Options
  • 16-04-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

quick question for the peeps,
    ive got the nct in the morning and i dont have my new tax disc in the car yet. it is paid but i havent received the disc yet. question is can i still do nct without the disc. ie do they check tax and insurance etc or is it straight into the mechanical end of things

cheers all
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll be fine. NCT does not check tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

yes you can. all you need is appointment letter + 50 smackers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

as above, they dont care!
    aslong as you pay you'll be fine.

hopes you dont hit a checkpoint to or from the centre LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I don't think it will be a problem with the NCTS but I stand to be corrected. An unsympathetic Garda may do you for no tax on the way to the test, however, so keep the receipt from the tax office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭alias no.9

gyppo wrote: »
    yes you can. all you need is appointment letter + 50 smackers.

I've fixed that for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement