Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on ORR

• 16-04-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what's going on around the ORR between Avondale and the Couse Bridge Roundabout. They have the road closed with lots of vehicles at the scene with blue flashing lights, looks like a combination of Fire Brigade and ambulances.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll hazard somone crashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

That was my first thought, it's on the first corner so someone must have been coming around it pretty fast.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kensutz wrote: »
    That was my first thought, it's on the first corner so someone must have been coming around it pretty fast.

What is it they say about a good photographer Ken, something about always having a camera with you.:p

I had no time to stop unfortunately and they would've been way too far to get anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

No idea, but I do know that at the last roundabout (Williamstown Rd), there's a 'Slippery Surface' sign and plenty of that green stuff all over the road.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 deise proud

it was a single vehicle traffic accident with one occupant with some serious injuries and needing to be extricated from the car..all road accident scenes will now be fully closed where possible as there are too many rubberneckers and amature photrographers taking some photos of people in their time of distress..not nice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did they close both sides?

From what it looked like, they did. They had bollards blocking the way to Avondale/Cherrymount and the lane coming out of it free to allow the vehicles out of it.

Advertisement