Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Cork 103fm gone

Options
  • 16-04-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

anyone know much about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

rebel105 wrote: »
    anyone know much about this?

You are right. It is gone. It has emalgemated with North Cork (Mallow station). This is apparently due to cut backs. Presenters have been let go as part of this.

So, in theory, West Cork no longer has a voice. A crying shame in my opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

At last, now to rid the airwaves of the abhorrence that is 96fm and 103fm!

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

crap, now what's my Da going to listen to at night? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

crap, now what's my Da going to listen to at night? :(

Em... Good radio??! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭hurler007

So what's the new emalgemated station called now or is it staying as 96 & 103 fm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Em... Good radio??! :confused:

but he's senile, he likes listening to the crap that's on there!

hurler007 wrote: »
    So what's the new emalgemated station called now or is it staying as 96 & 103 fm?

It's still 103FM part of the 96FM family (or UTV), but the North & East Cork coverage. It has always been there but as I live in West Cork, matters up there do not interest me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Trojan911 wrote: »
    It's still 103FM part of the 96FM family (or UTV), but the North & East Cork coverage. It has always been there but as I live in West Cork, matters up there do not interest me...

are you trojan from the old 96fm forums?

are you trojan from the old 96fm forums?

No...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

UTV made the decision on this. David Young who does the morning talk show has been left go, So C103 (in bandon) will be linking up with Patricia messengers show which is broadcasted from Mallow. People will still be able to make comments to the show from going through the west cork station for the time being, although he wasnt the only one to be let go from the west cork station.
    It has caused abit of a stir in west cork afaik, as David Young had quite a following.
    There is an online petition set up by some group in west cork, i'll try to find it and link it here incase anyone is interested in it, not that i see UTV taking much notice to it.

UTV have also done the same in Live 95 in Limerick. So its apparant that its cut backs all over for them.

• Advertisement

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"Petition for the Return of C103's West Cork Today"
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/westcorktoday?e

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I'd settle for the removal of a certain annoying, know it all git from 96FM. The number of people who can't stand him and refuse to listen to 96FM (including me) and yet you hear his annoying voice when you go into shops in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 West Cork

Hi all, yep, a newcomer, but ended up here after a google search about C103 and the West Cork Today show.

It's be interesting to hear if North Cork and City are as 'peeved' about this as West Cork. The show was the only current affairs programme that dealt with issues particular to this part of the world, so its considered a real loss down here.

The new programme covers the whole county, and the City and north Cork arn't going to be interested in issues like Bantry hospital etc, and we're not too bothered about traffic jams in Patricks St! (Glib example but you get the idea).

Prediction: C103 will lose listeners, and sooner or later a new community radio programme will surface?

West Cork wrote: »
    Hi all, yep, a newcomer, but ended up here after a google search about C103 and the West Cork Today show.

It's be interesting to hear if North Cork and City are as 'peeved' about this as West Cork. The show was the only current affairs programme that dealt with issues particular to this part of the world, so its considered a real loss down here.

The new programme covers the whole county, and the City and north Cork arn't going to be interested in issues like Bantry hospital etc, and we're not too bothered about traffic jams in Patricks St! (Glib example but you get the idea).

Prediction: C103 will lose listeners, and sooner or later a new community radio programme will surface?

I think UTV will soon be seeing the affects this decision has made.I doubt many businesses in the west cork area will advertise with C103 now..why should they? North Cork and City are probably in shock with the decision, but i'm sure they will do their best to keep west cork issues discussed on-air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Femelade wrote: »
    I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:
    "Petition for the Return of C103's West Cork Today"
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/westcorktoday?e
    I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time. Thanks!

Done :)

Advertisement