Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for home appliances

Options
  • 16-04-2009 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Money is a bit tight at the minute but stuff for a new house like fridges, ovens, washing machines, integrated microwaves are needed. Thinking of going for interest free options on these over 12 months, looking for a bargain based on that.

Been very busy so haven't looked much yet, are the stores that offer 12 months interest free more expensive generally than places like Power City? Is there a recommended store for home appliances?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

I just trawled through all the usual suspects, internet and bricks and mortar, North and South, for a new washing machine.

I found Seamus Watters Electrical recommended elsewhere on this forum, gave them a try and ended up with a Bosch machine that was over €125 cheaper than anything else I could find.

Price included delivery and they took the old machine away as well. They're based in Cullaville, Armagh.

Spoke to the delivery guy who said he'd been in Cork the previous week.
    Phone is 048 308 68296, website at www.watterselectrical.co.uk.

Find whatever is the best prices online and then give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

dermiestv wrote: »
    I just trawled through all the usual suspects, internet and bricks and mortar, North and South, for a new washing machine.

I found Seamus Watters Electrical recommended elsewhere on this forum, gave them a try and ended up with a Bosch machine that was over €125 cheaper than anything else I could find.

Price included delivery and they took the old machine away as well. They're based in Cullaville, Armagh.

Spoke to the delivery guy who said he'd been in Cork the previous week.
    Phone is 048 308 68296, website at www.watterselectrical.co.uk.

Find whatever is the best prices online and then give them a call.

They're crap nowadays, only selling Bosch, and etc stuff for (expensive but cheaper than ROI if you must), or unknown brands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

arikv wrote: »
    They're crap nowadays, only selling Bosch, and etc stuff for (expensive but cheaper than ROI if you must), or unknown brands

I wouldn't say that. I got a great deal on an industrial sized tumble drier this month - almost half priced and delivered for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Recommend Baize House in Glasnevin where we got great prices on a house fit out of electrical goods. Better than DID, Power City Hardly Normals and the North!

Advertisement