Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unfair moderation / abuse of mod powers

Options
  • 16-04-2009 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I posted the following today in the Aviation and Aircraft section.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ned78
    No, the poster is the Mod of this Forum, and is getting sick to death of you having no positive input, despite being banned twice, and not learning your lesson.

The whole 3 day ordeal wasn't by choice, I'd used all my holidays this year, but managed to wangle an extra day or two for a mate's wedding which I wouldnt have missed for the world.
    The fact that you are a mod does not make you 'more equal than others'

I merely commented on another posters comments.

You may not like the message but you cannot continue killing the messenger.

On a side note and as a friendly suggestion, I doubt your friends decision to wed was either last minute or spontaneous, perhaps you should spend less time attempting to bully on boards.ie and more time better organising your time management / life.

3 days in Australia :pac: that is hilarious:pac::pac: lighten up Ned!
    I received the following from Ned78 (who apparently moderates his own postings) in response:
    Hi Barname,

You have been banned from Aviation & Aircraft for the following duration:

3 Month(s)

for the following reason:

Trolling

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 3 Month(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.
    Now, I am glad that I kept a copy of my Original posting as Ned78 chose to delete it.

How can boards.ie justify Ned78 banning me for 3 months?

This is outrageous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

oh sorry, forgot to post my original post which was a follow on to another posters comments....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhoenixRising
    Long way to go for 3 days!:pac:

perhaps the poster is 'like 13' and enjoys boasting ! :pac::pac:
    Quote:
    you really have to struggle to hear vibrations
    visions of poster with his ear to the floor as other passengers stare at his strangeness...... ' I am trying to detect vibrations, its a struggle!!' :pac::pac:

3 month ban for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have you been banned from the forum before? Frequently mods give a longer ban the second time than the first and so on. For example, a third ban from the politics forum is often a permanent one.

I don't use the A&A forum so perhaps you guys are in the habit of getting personal and insulting each other there all the time. If it's not so, why accuse another poster of being 13, a boaster, a bully and poor at time management? I'm not sure how that adds anything to the discussion of magnificent men or their flying machines, which is what the forum is for.

sceptre wrote: »
    I'm not sure how that adds anything to the discussion of magnificent men or their flying machines, which is what the forum is for.

and you are a senior mod on boards.ie ???

sexist ? are you? apparently so.

I am beginning to learn what boards.ie is really about.

Perhaps its time I contacted other media formats?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Barname wrote: »
    How can boards.ie justify Ned78 banning me for 3 months?.

Because it is your third ban.
    A third ban from PI is a permaban and you should count yourself lucky that you will regain access to that forum after the time is up.
    and you are a senior mod on boards.ie ???

Yes he is.
    sexist ? are you? apparently so

I fail to see how you came to that conclusion.
    Perhaps its time I contacted other media formats?

What does that mean exactly?

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I fail to see how you came to that conclusion

read the bold print it is quite obvious

:pac:unless you are Brian Lenihan:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Having read that forum, I can hardly say I'm surprised. Your constant, combatitive and sometimes insulting posts were bound to lead to a ban sooner or later. This kind of behaviour does tend to have a cumulative effect.

Perhaps you need to examine how you have been conducting yourself on that forum?

Because it is your third ban.
    A third ban from PI is a permaban and you should count yourself lucky that you will regain access to that forum after the time is up.

I ask again, what in my post merits a ban?

The credibility of boards.ie will be determined by the end of day.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Having read that forum, I can hardly say I'm surprised. Your constant, combatitive and sometimes insulting posts were bound to lead to a ban sooner or later. This kind of behaviour does tend to have a cumulative effect.

Perhaps you need to examine how you have been conducting yourself on that forum?

examples LINK? and do not take out of context.

read the bold print it is quite obvious

You've obviously not heard of this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59734752&postcount=1

the above is an example of vulgar abuse that is tolerated on the same forum
    Where is Michael O'Leary?
    Where is the great man? He is unusually quiet.

Is he still on his "diet"?

Altogether, let's say a prayer for him. Health is wealth.

He can get his €260m or whatever he is worth now and shove it up his pampered, Clongowes arse.
    Yes, the above is allowed in the same forum.

so, If you are small minded and hateful and wish to gossip on the health of a public figure thats ok? it is according to boards.ie

disgusting.

• Advertisement

You've obviously not heard of this

Laughable, Mods are apparently like Fianna Fail

They stick together no matter how wrong some of them are

SEXIST and GUILTY and no amount of back tracking will unhook the guilty party.

NOW, can we stick to the OP?

You know what.
    From your attitude on this thread alone, I see where the Mod of that forum had a problem with you.
    The ban stands.
    There is nothing more to discuss.

You know what.
    From your attitude on this thread alone, I see where the Mod of that forum had a problem with you.
    The ban stands.
    There is nothing more to discuss.

Did you?
    Address the OP
    Address the FACTS
    Address the Double Standards
    Address the Sexism on boards.ie

NO

Electronic copy of this thread has been retained and I will do with it as I see fit.

Mods? thats an abuse of the word.

boards.ie ? you have jumped the shark. I pity your Investors.

Electronic copy of this thread has been retained and I will do with it as I see fit.

OK
    I have site banned you until you explain to me what exactly you mean by that threat.
    That can be done in the Prison forum.

Advertisement