Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs 2009-10

Options
  • 16-04-2009 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

What would be your ideal formation and starting line up.......realistic transfer targets included and injuries permitting(i.e king....). Mine would be

gomes
    corluka----woodgate
    king
    bae
    palacios
    lennon
    krankjar
    downing
    modric

keane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

gomes
    corluka--woodgate--king--bae
    lennon--parker--palacios--Modric
    Pavluchenko with keane or defoe

[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

neilisagam wrote: »

gomes
    corluka----woodgate
    king
    bae
    palacios
    lennon
    krankjar
    downing
    modric

keane

I like the Idea but I'm not sold on building our midfield around Krankjar, I wouldn't mind signing him. If we are serious about going for a top 4 finish in the coming season or 2 I think we need a player to match that of Gerrard/Lampard/Ronaldo IE match winners.

Hard to imagine who I know but IMO that is what we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Lads it amazes me how many people on here rate BAE . I think this bloke is a bigtime liability and 9 times out of 10 he cannot beat the first man when crossing a ball ( leaving out hull away) , average defender as well. Harry should make it a priority to get a new left back imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Does nobody rate Hutton ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

yep a new left back is a priority.i also think that doesn't fancy either pav or bent so he needs to find the new berbatov,kanoute or sheringham to play with keane or defoe.i'm happy to let modric play on the left and wouldn't waste the money on downing i'd rather spend it on a world class gerrard type midfielder although without european football next season it will be difficult to attract class players.
    we have a really good squad atm and i don't see 'arry making wholesale changes like the previous managers maybe 3 in 3/4 out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I do.

I thought he was great before the injury, hopefully he'll get a run and will stay at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

BERBA wrote: »
    Lads it amazes me how many people on here rate BAE . I think this bloke is a bigtime liability and 9 times out of 10 he cannot beat the first man when crossing a ball ( leaving out hull away) , average defender as well. Harry should make it a priority to get a new left back imo.
    dont really agree bae has really improved under hr especially with his defensive game, he still makes mistakes and some poor judgements with his foward passes what defender dosent, as for hutton hopefully he can get a good crack at it next year he was generally consistent when he played which is what you want from your full backs, what about bale is he finished or a viable midfield option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I do, think he is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

What would be your ideal formation and starting line up.......realistic transfer targets included and injuries permitting(i.e king....). Mine would be

gomes
    corluka----woodgate
    king
    bae
    palacios
    lennon
    krankjar
    downing
    modric

keane

Gomes, I think he will be sold in the summer and Cudicini or whoever they bring in will start in goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

gomes
    corluka--woodgate--king--bae---
    lennon--Ireland--palacios--Modric
    Diego--Keane(c)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

yes i think he is very good and have been disappointed by him at spurs to be honest. hasnt played really well before his injury and am a little concerned that a lot of tabloids have linked him away from white hart lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

gomes
    corluka--woodgate--king--bae---
    lennon--Ireland--palacios--Modric
    Diego--Keane(c)
    Good shout with Ireland. Would work well center mid with palacios. Don't think that city would let him go though. would love to see Gareth Barry in there. Exactly the type of match winner we need and if villa dont make Europe it could be possible. As for left mid if downing isn't good enough i'd have a look at gaamst pederson off blackburn and i would take santa cruz with him to partner keane up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

gomes/cudicini

hutton woodgate king glen johnson

lennon Modric palacios Downing

giovanni Keane(c)

sell jenas bentley bent bale BAE and corluka to fund the above and make a tidy profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

dmcevoy24 wrote: »
    gomes/cudicini

giovanni Keane(c)

sell jenas bentley bent bale BAE and corluka to fund the above and make a tidy profit.

Giovanni?..no room for pav or defoe?. i wouldnt have giovanni in team before pav and defoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

looks the part going forward but not sure about him defensively. wouldn't be too worried if he goes in light of his off the field activities. gomes, pav and bent out the gap i'd say by choice or by harry's choice.

defoe and keane up front with a big lad like crouch or carew on the bench as plan b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

dmcevoy24 wrote: »
    gomes/cudicini

giovanni Keane(c)

Can johnson play left back???
    More than happy with BAEs development so would keep him.
    Any corluka sold? Hes an absolute class act would walk into any top4 team at right back. Can fill in centre back aswell.

Can johnson play left back???
    More than happy with BAEs development so would keep him.
    Any corluka sold? Hes an absolute class act would walk into any top4 team at right back. Can fill in centre back aswell.

im with you and berba all the way here neil.

wouldnt have glen johnson at left full and not at the expense of one of most consistant players BAE altough i dont like him(BAE) he has had a good season.

as for selling corluka! no way. have become a very big fan of his. defoe was brough back by harry cos he loves him. dont expect him to not play quite regular when fit!

just watching the premiership now and glen johnson is playing a stormer. could have scored a hat trick. just to throw it in there seen as he is mentioned above

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Gomes
    Hutton---Woodgate---King/dawson----BAE
    Lennon---Palacious---Downing
    Modric
    Bent/Pav---Keane

Dont really have much of an idea who i'd like to see signed besides a left-winger because i think we have a solid starting 11 and good backups to squad(although some of the backup need to improve...but i'll be patient with them)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Good shout with Ireland. Would work well center mid with palacios. Don't think that city would let him go though. would love to see Gareth Barry in there. Exactly the type of match winner we need and if villa dont make Europe it could be possible. As for left mid if downing isn't good enough i'd have a look at gaamst pederson off blackburn and i would take santa cruz with him to partner keane up front.
    Watching Ireland play recently he seems to of gotten frustrated with the lack of effort by others in the team I think he could move but at the same time the players they're going to be bringing in makes me think he'll give it another season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

good call i suppore re steve ireland but anyone that drives a f...uckin rangerover with pink alloys is a complete twat .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As a player I think Steven Ireland is prob going to turn into a Brill player I really do, BUT I would not have the little gob****e anywhere near the club. To me he just seems trouble sure I'm positive the Irish situation is causing my judgement of him I just wouldn'tr want him TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Left winger....Joe Ledley of Cardiff anyone!
    he's not a bad player at all!!!

Advertisement