Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McAfee, issues and cannot log onto website

• 17-04-2009 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi

I keep getting an error:
    An error occurred while updating. Please reinstall these programs:
    3-User McAfee Total Protection

When I try to log onto the McAfee website it keeps coming up page cannot be displayed etc...

Is it a virus do you think that has hit my system?
    I dont have a cd to reinstall mcafee as purchased online, hence cant get onto the website to reinstall.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Frank11

I have the same issue!!
    Hi

I keep getting an error:
    An error occurred while updating. Please reinstall these programs:
    3-User McAfee Total Protection

When I try to log onto the McAfee website it keeps coming up page cannot be displayed etc...

Is it a virus do you think that has hit my system?
    I dont have a cd to reinstall mcafee as purchased online, hence cant get onto the website to reinstall.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stoneyisland

Hi

I have the same problem

I called McAfee and the refused to send me a CD

They want me to pay 40 - 50 pounds sterling for a virus removal service

Still not sure what to do

Any suggestions appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Frank11

I have a Dell computer which has a restore utility that restores to as delivered state. At start up press Ctrl F11 to start start the process.
    After doing this i was able to log onto McAfee and download the antivirus with no problems. i have to relaod up any software i had and restore the back up files then i'm back to normal again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

I cant even get in to back up files. the system is way to slow now, will lose all photo's, docs etc...
    ugh...

Its a compaq. Cant find the back up cd (after house move)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

I came across something like this when I had to uninstall MacAfee recently.
    It might not be uninstalled properly, there is an uninstall program you can run called MCPR.exe (I have attached it).
    Also, I think MacAfee will not install if there are other anti-spyware programs like Ad-Aware or Spy Sweeper installed. Even if you have uninstalled them from Add/Remove Programs in Windows (and the previous version of MacAffe) there might still be remnants of them remaining.
    MCPR will uninstall them properly.
    After uninstalling MacAfee there might be a MacAfee folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data". Delete this before you try to re-install MacAfee.
    Also, there is an exe that you can use to d'load the MAcAffe installer called "DMSetup.exe". I can't attach it as it is too big but do a google for it and you should be able to find it. It prompts you for your MacAfee account details (username and password) in order to run it.
    I too found it a pain in the rear end reinstalling this particular program!

• Advertisement
Advertisement