Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

tattoo etiquette question

• 17-04-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

So I've been planning to get a tattoo for a while now, but due to unforseen circumstances I don't have as much money as expected, but I think I should hae enough to cover the tattoo I want. Just in case though would it be acceptable to tell the artist at the start I only have X amount and do as much as they can for that? Or should I just wait until I'm sure I'll have enough, even though I'll have to wait awhile? I'm kinda a newbie to the whole tatto thing so advice is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Go in to where ever you are going to go, talk to them about the tattoo. See what price they give you. Then see where ya stand.

No point worrying yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

thanks for the reply! sorry if this sounds stupid but if they give me a price do they usually stick to that or when they're finished could they say its actually more?

Double check with them and ask for a solid final price. They should give you a final price and stick to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

ok cool! i didn't know if it was ok to do that, few times I've gone in with friends they didn't discuss pricing til afterwards! maybe i just have weird friends...anyway thanks you've set my mind at ease!

cool :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 inkjection tatt

as tattooist.... try to not to dealin with artist. only deal is his deal. but you can do something like that. go and tell him how much money you have and then, man will tell you what the size he can do.
    im doin many times o lot cheaper if client give me free hand for design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hairyerthanu

have you been in to the tattooist and discussed what you want to do - sometimes its best to go in before your appointment - as cover ups can be tricky - this way the tattooist will know ahead of time what they are instore for as extra work and time for him / her will mean more money for you ..

also have you looked at other shops or is this the only one

either way good luck - always good to see your tattooists work before getting anything done

you learn from mistakes :(

Advertisement