Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this dealer good or bad anyone know Kingsley Motor Company

• 17-04-2009 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this dealer
    Kingsley Motor Company

I am looking into purchasing a car of them so just looking for a heads up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Kartale

dont think they are there that long, there was another garage with a similiar name there before xmas.
    I just recognise the yellow cottage/office in background from some of the pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

This is the car I'd be intrested in.
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Mondeo/TDCI-PLA/200910192072294/advert

The only issue I can see with it is the nct is out its march 09 would this be a problem
    Anythinh else I should get done
    Also Im trading in 01 Seat Leon 1.4 57K Miles on it. Its been keyed on one side and scraped on the other
    Its mechanically perfect though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have them renew the NCT before you pay for the car. Other than that, verify the service history and have them shampoo the seats - they look filthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

Psygnosis wrote: »
    This is the car I'd be intrested in.
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Mondeo/TDCI-PLA/200910192072294/advert

The only issue I can see with it is the nct is out its march 09 would this be a problem
    Anythinh else I should get done
    Also Im trading in 01 Seat Leon 1.4 57K Miles on it. Its been keyed on one side and scraped on the other
    Its mechanically perfect though

It's a 2006 it dosen't need an NCT

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I have a mental block about garages in Dublin 22/Long Mile Road etc. area. I'm sure there are some that are grand, but I've visited a few around there and they were all fly-by-nights. It's like a magnet for dodgy dealers around there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

seasam wrote: »
    It's a 2006 it dosen't need an NCT
    Now I feel very stupid.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ditcar

A huge percentage of the Dublin Motor Trade is located in the D22 area, very easy to group them together,i have worked for a motor factors in that area ten yrs , my two cents, Naas Road, main dealers well established good reps,(although clearly struggling,2 gone this year.) Alot of Independent dealers around the area ,clearly Merlin well established. On the Naas Road,Bill Griffin Motors and Pat Igoes really only large garages that are long established (20yrs? more ), few smaller lads ,motorpoint, bolands motor city,naas road autos have been there couple of years. Rest esp around the Ballymount area seem to change daily (we had alot of debtors problems, even though same lads just different garge names.) So take what you want from that, most seem to be portakabin/yard/mobile number operations

Thanks for the info lads, Im going to take a look tommoro at the car its a good spec and the price is right.

What should I look out for when checking the car?

If your not to up on cars, id recommend carsireland.ie used car check, http://www.carsireland.ie/pre-sale-car-inspection-service-dublin.html

They're only 5minutes away from that garage, if they are really keen on selling car to you should be no problem throwing it down for an inspection. If you like the car put a deposit on it on condition that nothing major is found during inspection.
    Warranty wise , see how long it is for, as alot of garages closing, not worth the paper there written on espcially yard dealers as these.If all came back ok from inspection better off getting out the door price no warranty, as they will only cover engine really, form of gambling, get the cheaper price if car gets aok.

DitCar thanks for that. I'll defo being do that, know a little about cars not much though.

There are couple of other cars Ill be looking at.
    is there any way of checking how long a company has been setup out there.

• Advertisement

Not really, except asking them i suppose! Of top of my head none in that area are there years,except for previous post,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

DitCar thanks for that. I'll defo being do that, know a little about cars not much though.

There are couple of other cars Ill be looking at.
    is there any way of checking how long a company has been setup out there.

Ftr, they are not listed on www.cro.ie ;)

Also no website, ? like in this day and age!

Seem to be alot of these type threads lately, while always ask here has anyone any dealings, more than likely the older garages will have few bad reviews but in context of how many cars sold over the years must be taken with pinch of salt, the newer possibly worse garage may have no negative reviews, as no one on boards has bought there.

Main Dealers, should get full 3-12month warranty as you will be paying more for sexy receptionist and glass palace showroom.
    Independent Dealer;How long are they there, have they invested in premises, showroom, proffesional staff, compared with yard/cabin/back of house howiya bud car salesm DO they have a website, landline, additional services etc. . How easy does it look for them to disappear overnite.
    If you take a step back you can easily see alot more about a dealer.
    T
    hese days most important thing is the car, get it inspected (AA carsireland, your mechanic etc)
    Drive it, make sure they service it, don't be afraid to ask for copy of receipts, alot of places will just change oil and say full service.
    Check Service history and get garage to do a Cartell.ie check

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Isn't it funny how all of these 'dealers' tend to be around the Ballymount / Naas Rd area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how all of these 'dealers' tend to be around the Ballymount / Naas Rd area?

The wild wild west :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 scan

Just wondering how you got on with the car - I'd be looking at something very similar - did you get the folks at carsireland to check it out - do you have to give them much notice to check out a car? What are the odds of just driving up and asking them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spider747

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this dealer
    Kingsley Motor Company

I am looking into purchasing a car of them so just looking for a heads up
    i have bought a car from them STAY AWAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭stephenrd

spider747 wrote: »
    i have bought a car from them STAY AWAY

care to expand on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Zombie thread!!!

The fact that this thread is 3 months old, i'd say its safe to say that the OP has already bought a car somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭stephenrd

Zombie thread!!!

The fact that this thread is 3 months old, i'd say its safe to say that the OP has already bought a car somewhere.

I was just curious about spider747's experience with the dealer as 'i have bought a car from them STAY AWAY' sounded a bit vague. Good information about suspicious dealers is always relevant I reckon. No matter how old the thread is :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Tons of dealers in D12...

Er... car dealers, I meant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭call d

I bought one from the place next door or maybe there but it was a nightmare, I'd never go near these gangsters again...STAY AWAY

call d wrote: »
    I bought one from the place next door or maybe there but it was a nightmare, I'd never go near these gangsters again...STAY AWAY
    You recommend that people "STAY AWAY" yet you aren't even sure if you have dealt with them? Cop on and stop posting crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭call d

I bought from the place next door and given that they seem to have a common forecourt and the crowd next door have a couple of different "companies" doing business out of there it was an easy mistake to make.
    Now kbannon as for your remark "cop on and stop posting crap" surely you as a mod are watching out for this sort of remark and not posting them.

I will stand by my comment. You told everyone to "STAY AWAY" and you were not sure whether you dealt with them. As it turns out, you haven't dealt with them.
    What you posted could have been interpreted as damaging to their business and yet you have no experience of them. What do you expect me to say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

call d wrote: »
    I bought from the place next door and given that they seem to have a common forecourt and the crowd next door have a couple of different "companies" doing business out of there it was an easy mistake to make.
    Now kbannon as for your remark "cop on and stop posting crap" surely you as a mod are watching out for this sort of remark and not posting them.

Kbannon is right cop on ! you can't be telling people to STAY AWAY and then backing it up by saying you think you bought a car from them or mayby it was next door oh sure they are all the same they must be !! If you can't back it up don't slag off someones business

I know a guy who bought a car off them and it turned out to be clocked -this is fact and I can back this up with proof if it was ever necessary - but I will`not go into further detail here.

They are a bunch of lying chancers - (that's the polite version.)

Stay away from Kingsle Motors on the Turnpike road - He didn't and he is very sorry for it.

what proof have you?

have proof from a former owner of the car that there was a lot less millege on it when they had it - can I prove that they "clocked" the car - NO - but I could prove that they sold a clocked car.

• Advertisement

So you have no proof then (contrary to your previous post)!

As a dealer if you sell a car that was clocked - the burden of proof is on you to prove that you did not clock the car as opposed to the buyer having to prove that you did clock the car.

Otherwise it would be impossible to prosecute - so according to the law of the land - I do have proof.

As moderator - if you want to shut this thread down or delete my posts, feel free - I wil not be commenting further on these people.

I'm going to lock this as I feel that there are too many posts that could lead to legal action.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement