Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back for do LC Gaeilge again, A1 here I come!

Options
  • 17-04-2009 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Like every second person in the country at the moment have signed up to do my LC Irish again. I would really like to become a Primary School teacher. I'm sick of doing a boring job and getting no satisfaction. I know the money is not great but I want to enjoy my work and get some sense of living!
    Anywa, rant over. Have signed up to a new course for next year, recommended by a friend. But want to start now, have any of ye LCers used any of the online papers? I really want to know if it's worth spending my hard earned cash on them just yet. Also am doing all the literature over the Summer so will have me extra book, poems and prose done. Fingers crossed this is all enough. Any advice appreciated big style! Been a while since I've studied!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

all i can say is gudluck

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

You'll be doing higher level right? There are no extra poems in the higher level course sadly. So much hard work and you only get asked, what like 4? :(

Anyway about the papers thing, You can use the online ones of the past papers on examinations.ie if you just click on the materials archive in the side bar, it also has marking schemes which is good for showing you where you go down or up!

Just work really hard at the oral stuff, that's a huge part of the exam and the listening too. Other then that you just gotta work sorry to say :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

I meant the online services that correct the papers. Anyone ever used these, heard about them on the tv, wonder is it worth it. Had my first grind with this new one, two poems a week so will have them all learned in less than two months. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

That's really good progress! Never heard of them, I suggest you try and find an Leaving Cert. examiner to correct any papers, and quite allot of teachers are. If you talk to them about correcting your papers I'm sure some would be gald to help!
    Good luck to you, it won't be easy but I'm sure it will be worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭messygirl

heya im in the same boat but il be doing the leaving in 7 weeks woo hoo! good on you for getting started early! come september there will be loads more like you, ild recommend going to an actual class if you can get one works out cheaper ( i paid 250 for mine in college of comerce cork from october to may in total!) totally agree with the oral being really important! one tip though, try and do the pros roghnach, cuts down an awful lot on the learning, also i have the fiuntas book which is good but very complicated would recommend the one beginning with d, also watch out when buying revision books that the person who wrote your text book didnt also write the revision book, fiuntas and revise wise were both done by the same guy so notes are fairly similar! also recomend buying all books secondhand, if you advertised here looking for a full set? also on www.educationposts.ie there is a forum as well called college/scg where ive been posting for a while and its great,, there is a big group now doing the lc and we swap tips rant swap notes etc, there are a few threads about lc2010 mature students for lc, its been a heaven send for me because there is also stories from people who have done it last year and gotten their a and b and c! best of luck anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated. I've signed up for a course starting in Sept but will have all the poems and prose well done by then. The course is really good seemingly so fingers crossed. Educationposts seems like an unreal resource, thanks so much.

Advertisement