Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE's the model agent...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Elmo wrote: »
    Usual Irish chip on my shoulder. I suppose they could always go into advertising "Irish" products because "Irish" products are ****. (No offense but this is the usual type of things people say on boards.) I know your going to say that's not what you mean and that you didn't say Irish = ****.

I suppose Irish Products don't use professional/real models. I suppose Irish products aren't quality.

The prize for the show is a cover on Image (one of those stupid non-quality Irish magazines) and work in London under some Agency.

I'm writing this reply under the impression that you were being sarcastic. I wasn't sure. :P I also updated my previous post to reply to both posters. :)

It's not what I meant really but the truth is the irish market (I'm talking about irish products being sold internationally) is a very small part of a bigger picture. The irish companies are more likely to hire the models from this show because a)they're irish, b)people who watched the show would recognise them in advertisements and c)it's much easier(and cheaper) to get models like these to model for your company than someone like Gemma Ward; Devon Aoki or even one of the models from ANTM/BNTM.

I'm not saying the girls in this show don't have a future modelling,but they'll most likely stay national and it's highly unlikely we'll ever see them in anything like Vogue.

IMAGE will probably as far as they go. The show isn't really fair to the girls in it to be honest. Ideas of international fame are being put in their heads when the only reason they were even picked was because they were good looking. They don't really have any idea what they're in for. You can pick up on the that in the first few episodes when they don't really seem to know what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Leprachaun wrote: »
    IMAGE will probably as far as they go. The show isn't really fair to the girls in it to be honest. Ideas of international fame are being put in their heads when the only reason they were even picked was because they were good looking. They don't really have any idea what they're in for. You can pick up on the that in the first few episodes when they don't really seem to know what's going on.

You obviously the editor of IMAGE magizine since this will be the first time in 20 years that IMAGE will have an Irish Model on their cover.

It is a reality TV show they all give people the pretense of fame and fortune, often if not always that isn't the case.

Why else would you choose Model other than their looks? perhaps I have missed the point of these shows.

Oh there are plenty of big International Irish Companies.

You obviously the editor of IMAGE magizine since this will be the first time in 20 years that IMAGE will have an Irish Model on their cover.

Well that just says more about irish models doesn't it. Even an irish magazine won't hire them.
    It is a reality TV show they all give people the pretense of fame and fortune, often if not always that isn't the case.

Why else would you choose Model other than their looks? perhaps I have missed the point of these shows.

Oh there are plenty of big International Irish Companies.

Being good looking goes with out saying if you want to be a model. However, you could be the best looking person in the world and be a terrible model. It takes talent and I still believe none of these girls have that.

I know there are some big international irish companies,just like there are some rich people in Ethiopia. I wasspeaking in general and wasn't really trying to put those businesses down,just saying that they're these models are more likely to end up working for those kind of companies.

Leprachaun wrote: »
    I know there are some big international irish companies,just like there are some rich people in Ethiopia. I wasspeaking in general and wasn't really trying to put those businesses down,just saying that they're these models are more likely to end up working for those kind of companies.

Jesus you then put down Ethiopia (I suppose I see the Model Connection :rolleyes: bad joke sorry, I could help myself).

It is still work and how do you know it isn't well paid, your putting down the company and the models.
    Well that just says more about irish models doesn't it. Even an irish magazine won't hire them.

No it just proofs how big a chip on our shoulder we have about being Irish. Lack of Confidence, it never helped.

Jesus you then put down Ethiopia (I suppose I see the Model Connection :rolleyes: bad joke sorry, I could help myself).

It is still work and how do you know it isn't well paid, your putting down the company and the models.

No it just proofs how big a chip on our shoulder we have about being Irish. Lack of Confidence, it never helped.

I think you're going on a bit of a tangent there. I never said anything about it not being well paid. I don't think it's anything to do with being irish really. Really really good irish models will go international and so the magazines here can either hire whats left or go for non irish models. Besides I'm not saying there's no good irish models,I'm just talking about the ones on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Anyone watched this yet? Into week 3 and I'm already hooked :D

Reckon yer wan with the goth look from up north will be the winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Moved and merged to existing thread in the correct forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭conorlechance

Anyone watched this yet? Into week 3 and I'm already hooked :D

Reckon yer wan with the goth look from up north will be the winner

they seem like nice people as well. was watching it with my sisters ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I think the girl from Belfast- (Carrie anne?) should definately win it. I think she is stunning and has real charm as well!

I think one of the girls looks so like an Irish Ann Hathaway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Thumpette wrote: »
    I think the girl from Belfast- (Carrie anne?) should definately win it. I think she is stunning and has real charm as well!

I think one of the girls looks so like an Irish Ann Hathaway!

That's her- she's cool as **** :D

She'd be perfect as a bassist in a band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

tbh I like this better than ANTM or anything like that, it's less up its own arse and there's no annoying attention seeking tyra banks. the girl with the short black hair ftw! she's gorgeous and her face looks amazing in print. and to people saying the standart isn't as good as ANTM or BNTM, a lot of the girls on that aren't model material either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭conorlechance

especially the british one.

I quite liked the one who got kicked out. she had a really nice face and great presence. she kind of reminded me of coco rocha. it's her own fault she got kicked out though cos she didn't do the stuff like

jennifer really looks like coco rocha!

00023e94-270.jpgcoco-rocha2-gallery.jpg

which is which, hmm? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Lolly77

In the first episode the girls modelled for their friends and family.. the blonde girl from Dublin wore a beautiful pink mid-length dress.. did anyone catch where the clothes they were modelling were from?? Hav a wedding in 3 weeks & would love it or something like it!!

Lolly77 wrote: »
    In the first episode the girls modelled for their friends and family.. the blonde girl from Dublin wore a beautiful pink mid-length dress.. did anyone catch where the clothes they were modelling were from?? Hav a wedding in 3 weeks & would love it or something like it!!

You might catch a name on the end credits. It might still be available on RTE Player.

Good idea ;) Thanks V much will try @ lunch!!

:( They didnt have any info on the credits.. any1 seen it in the shops in Dublin??

Lolly77 wrote: »

they were wearing their own clothes, ask her on bebo! :D

I think someone said on another forum that it was Lipsy- not sure tho....

Annnyway Im actually quite getting to like this programme. As much of a ANTM fan as I am I have to say its a breathe of fresh air having nice down to earth girls (with the possible exception of Amber who is a bit stage school-y for my liking) instead of the bitching and tacky photoshoots.

Go RTE on this one I have to say!

• Advertisement

Pregnant! Shocker! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

the ****. who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Grumples

I know!!

Preggers??!! Did not see that one coming. What an inconvenient time to happen.lol.

Glad she won though...she is an absolute stunner!

I though Sharon was amazing too, wonder why they picked Amber over her.

Best of luck to Carrie-Ann. I look forward to seeing her non-cliched look in magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

I dunno, I like Carrie-Anne, but I thought Amber deserved it more. Carrie gives off this whole "i'm not bothered" vibe, whereas Amber really seemed to want it, and was a lot more cool, confident and poised than Carrie. Kinda disapponted really!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stopandstare

I was completely shocked when Carrie-Ann got it too but she definatley deserved it! I was rooting for her from the start - she's a breath of fresh air and absolutely stunning but I though she was snookered when she announced she was pregnant! Roared laughing when Ellis said 'only in Ireland' lol... twas exactly what I was thinking - you'd never get that twist on ANTM!

I was dubious about the show at the start but good on RTE, twas really entertaining and still down to earth!

I felt sorry for Amber - she really wanted it alright - her biggest problem was that there was no actual Amber - she was just what she knew everyone else wanted her to be. You'd know she'd been performing all her life - shes young, the experience will be great for her, hopefully she will get picked up by a good agent too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Grumples

Yeah, I felt a bit sorry for amber too because she wanted it so badly, but she just doesn't have the looks to be a cover girl. A runway model, yes! but I genuinely don't think she is that photogenic.

The Image cover was not pretty!!

Only in Ireland indeed...

I thought Amber looked much better when she lost the blonde hair- much more model-y, but she was deffo too much of a stage school kid.

carrie Anne must have been pregnant pretty early on in the comp- sure she even knew the sex! That doesnt usually become clear till late enough on does it?

I'm glad she won because she is absolutely stunning- and so funny and down to earth- but i dont see her really having the drive to make something of herself now. I reckon once she has the baby modelling will be the last thing on her mind

19 weeks I think they said.

I wouldn't be a big fan of these types of shows but I thought this one was excellent, much more down-to-earth.

I have to agree that Carrie-anna really didn't look all that bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I loved this show, I love how it was very understated and wasn't focused around worshiping some has-been model (Tyra!). I thought the standard was higher than BNTM, the girls were definitely more beautiful. They didn't have as much time to learn the ins and outs of modelling but the lessons they were taught were definitely more relevant than most of the tasks that happen in the Next Top Model shows.

I also loved the relationships that seemed to develop between the girls plus their relationships with Ellis & Erin. It just goes to show that you don't need drama to make a good reality show. Really well-done by RTE I thought, would love to see it again next year.

Advertisement