Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SonyEricsson Xperia on Vodafone?

• 17-04-2009 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Bought a Sony Xperia in the North last week and put in my billpay Vodafone SIM. Had to input the settings manually, but once I did there were no problems: voice, SMS and internet all worked fine.

As of this morning, I can no longer access the internet from any programs-- the phone seems to think it's connected according to the connection manager, but when I try to use IE or my chat program, it says to check the settings, but I certainly didn't edit the settings in the last 24 hours.

Could this be something Vodafone have done, or did they change their settings just recently, or is anyone else experiencing an outage? SMS and voice still work fine, although MMS seem to not be working (it may not have been working previously, either; I never tried to test it before now).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Welcome to boards :)

Are you trying to connect using the ISP apn? This is slightly restricted.
    If your using the 'live' apn they block access on nearly all ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i see that its now listed as a vodafone ireland handset, so you could ring them and ask to get the settings pushed out again

Advertisement