Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I stay or should I go...or option 3?

Options
  • 17-04-2009 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I work in a small publishing firm and basically, we're publishing feck all since about October, so two were left go, and now it's me, and two girls who are permanent, and our manager. I've been told I can take a 2 day/week contract, or leave. I panicked and said I'd stay, but am now wondering if I should have said I'd go. Am I quitting then, or just being made redundant? Do you think I could go back to my boss and tell her I want out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Stay - claim your benefits for the days you are not working.

IMO two days working are better than none, which is exactly what is out there at the moment, ie jobs of any sort
    none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

As the other poster says.
    You might try doing a part time course on the other days or seeking casual work elsewhere to fill up the time.
    It is easier to get a job from a job and if you are in good terms with your boss than if you leave in a huff and try to get a job from the dole.
    Recovery not expected 'til 2011.......................

Advertisement