Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XIV. Round 10. *contains spoilers*

• 17-04-2009 8:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Fri 17th
    Hull FC v Wakefield Wildcats KO 20:00
    Bradford Bulls v Warrington Wolves KO 20:00 *Sky*

Sat 18th
    Catalans Dragons v Salford City Reds KO 18:00
    Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 *Sky*

Sun 19th
    Wigan Warriors v Celtic Crusaders KO 15:00
    Harlequins RL v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 15:00
    Castleford Tigers v St. Helens KO 15:30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

My Predictions

Hull
    Warrington
    Catalans
    Leeds
    Celtic
    Quins
    Saints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wakefield
    Warrington
    Catalans
    Leeds
    Wigan
    Hull KR
    Saints

The da backed Bradford -6 tonight. I tried to tell, not my fault he wouldn't listen. :P

*EDIT* Can't believe how poorly Bradford are playing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

My God, Bradford were absolutely shocking. OK you can say Deacon was out etc... but they played like an underage academy side against Warrington, who they managed to make look like Saints on a good day!(must say though Riley's try was pure class).

...I think that marks the end of McNamara (he may not go right now, but I reckon that performance is the final nail in the coffin) but his players really let him and Bradford down last night. Also the attendance for a Friday night SL clash between two alleged giants of the game was absolutely appalling..one of the worst I've seen, but to be honest I don't blame supporters of either team for voting with their feet....

toomevara wrote: »
    My God, Bradford were absolutely shocking. OK you can say Deacon was out etc... but they played like an underage academy side against Warrington, who they managed to make look like Saints on a good day!(must say though Riley's try was pure class).

...I think that marks the end of McNamara (he may not go right now, but I reckon that performance is the final nail in the coffin) but his players really let him and Bradford down last night. Also the attendance for a Friday night SL clash between two alleged giants of the game was absolutely appalling..one of the worst I've seen, but to be honest I don't blame supporters of either team for voting with their feet....

Yup, tbh at times tonight Bradford were nothing short of a disgrace, the players looked like they couldn't care less. And what the hell was that at the start of the second half!? If the other players were into the game one of them surely would've surely thumped him!?
    Can't blame the fans booing etc. either, it's one thing being beaten, but to play like they did last night is something else altogether.

Great chant from the Bradford fans when Warrington ****ed up tho, "Are you Bradford in disguise?" :P

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »

Great chant from the Bradford fans when Warrington ****ed up tho, "Are you Bradford in disguise?" :P

Yeah, about the only moment of enjoyment on a torrid evening for the Bradford faithful I'd imagine...great result for Wakey last night too...

Yeah, about the only moment of enjoyment on a torrid evening for the Bradford faithful I'd imagine...great result for Wakey last night too...

Yeah but I saw it coming. :P I haven't been paying a lot of attention for the last few games but Hull seem to have won games at the start of the season without playing all that well and without being dominant, so I feel their position in the table is somewhat false.

Only been watching since 55 minutes gone, and Christ some of the officiating has been just ridiculous against Huddersfield.

*EDIT* How was that a try? I'm actually switching off now.

Stupidity there from the linesman. The was an obvious example of something ride in the Super League. Leeds player had the ball in one hand and was being tackled. Then another Huddersfield player puts his two hands around the ball to try and take it off him. Why didn't the linesman give the ****in penalty? I really do despair at the refereeing sometimes.
    I'll be honest that in tonight's match I only saw the last 25 or so minutes, and was egging Huddersfield on to get close, so I may not have noticed some poor decisions against Leeds, but there were two very obvious forward passes by Leeds let go, Try given when it shouldn't have been, penalty given for moving the Leeds player after he had been held, even though the momentum never stopped, Leeds players ridiculously obviously offside twice on their tryline, penalty against Huddersfield for moving away from the mark for the PTB.

Like I said, there were probably some dodgy ones against Leeds too, but they're just the obvious ones I saw in 25 minutes tonight, really disappointing.

Like I said, there were probably some dodgy ones against Leeds too, but they're just the obvious ones I saw in 25 minutes tonight, really disappointing.

Poor reffing display all round to be honest, but I have to say at least the Giants were properly reffed in the tackle...and of course I don't care seeing as how we were utterly robbed last weekend against the Bulls...we're back and I'm pretty happy with that performance...still some discipline/concentration and 'miracle ball' issues, and the right-centre predicament remains unresolved but a coherent, convincing performance...just what we need to get our season back on track......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

god what is goin on with bradford
    they are screwed

i see leeds are back after their little dip
    i shall be rooting for saints tomorrow
    god thats gonna be a good game

Poor reffing display all round to be honest, but I have to say at least the Giants were properly reffed in the tackle...and of course I don't care seeing as how we were utterly robbed last weekend against the Bulls...we're back and I'm pretty happy with that performance...still some discipline/concentration and 'miracle ball' issues, and the right-centre predicament remains unresolved but a coherent, convincing performance...just what we need to get our season back on track......

Like I said I'm sure I only saw the ones against the Giants.

What bit did you think was robbery last week? When he allowed the try yous scored with at least one forward pass in the buildup? :P

Castleford 22- Saints 68...:eek:

....they just go from strength to strength, also good wins for Wigan and KR. Think the top 8 is really starting to crystallise...

Wigan, Warrington and Bradford have yet to get into the top 8, but they will.

7/7 on my predictions, I also do private tarot readings. :P

Wigan, Warrington and Bradford have yet to get into the top 8, but they will.

Wigan and Catalans I reckon...Wire, no way and Bradford, well the way they're going, they're lucky SL has two new boys and its not a relegation year, oh and there's the small matter of Saints next weekend. That could be very,very ugly. Hull FC and Quins to fall out of the reckoning....

If Warrington even just play like they did the other night they'll get into the top 8. If Bradford do the inevitable sooner rather than later and get a new manager they'll still get into the top 8.
    I reckon Hull FC will drop from the top 8, not sure about Harlequins though.

I don't really think the refereeing display was that bad in the Leeds vs Hudds match.

I was more disappointed by the standard of the comments from Eddie and Stevo who really should know the rules of the game they are commentating on.

The try where Peacock touched the ball to the player in front was given because he didn't play at it, exactly the same as if the ball is drilled against you and goes into touch it's your head and feed. Stevo is quickly becoming a laughing stock and the sooner he is replaced by someone who is knowledgable the better.

The try where Peacock touched the ball to the player in front was given because he didn't play at it, exactly the same as if the ball is drilled against you and goes into touch it's your head and feed. Stevo is quickly becoming a laughing stock and the sooner he is replaced by someone who is knowledgable the better.

Fair enough, I can't remember if I thought he slightly played at it. There were 3 really obvious forward passes not given as well as some dubious penalties here and there, though as I said I only saw the last 25/30 minutes.

Forward passes are always going to be part fo the game and the whole 'momentum' rule further clouds the issue.

In the second half Leeds had a good phase of play with 2-3 really good offloads only for Burrow to get penalised for a forward pass. The ball did travel in a forward direction, but it was behind him when Webb, I think, caught it. There were plenty like that and the Hudds try that was disallowed could have been given too and I wouldn't have been too upset.

Advertisement