Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloads don't match bandwidth meter?!

Options
  • 17-04-2009 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I exceed my download cap of 30G every month, so I installed a bandwidth meter to keep track of my usage.

The problem is the downloads don't match with the meter!!! I download files from places such as sendspace and megaupload most days and they are usually about 230mb. When they are on my computer they say 230mb, but the download meter says that I have downloaded 700mb!

I didn't believe DU meter, so I also installed ShaPlus Bandwidth Meter but they both match, saying the same thing.

I thought I was adding to the size the meter was recording by browsing at the same time as downloading, so today, I just downloaded the file, no browsing at all, and for a 237.8MB file downloaded from sendspace, the meter says 745MB downloaded!!!!!!

There is no extra background things being downloaded and the meter(s) stop once the download is finished (and I'm not doing any browsing).

What the hell is going on??

Comments

Advertisement