Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blessington Pike

Options
  • 17-04-2009 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Any tips for Blessington or anyone fancy the trip on Saturday? Blanked on smelt and lures last week.

PM me please

Cormac

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Arent they spawning round about now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

they usually spawn in late jan to early march. depends on the weather. should be done by april though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Should that mean better fishing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

They spread out more during summer than during springtime.
    So location becomes more difficult. Trolling is a standard solution for this, but in Blessington, coloured water reduces the ability of trolled lure/bait to "pull" from distance, due to restricted visibility.
    Peat staining has always favoured slow moving or static fishing in Blessington, relative to other waters with greater clarity.
    Note: I'm not saying trolling and spinning don't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

i caught 2 pike in blesso yesterday! my first ever. fairly small 13" and a 12"....managed to catch both using a size 0 mepps black fury spinner...very happy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement