Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transit Connect

• 17-04-2009 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I'm about 3 weeks or so away from buying one of these as a plaything, but it's nigh on impossible to find one at good value here. My budget to be honest is around 3k ish, and the model I want is an TDCi LX (Electrics, Aircon, 90 Bhp which can be remapped to 110 Bhp). I'd love one with a sliding door, low roof, in either white, or blue, but there's absolutely no value I can find around. My budget allows me to probably buy a 2004/2005 model.

I'd actually like to give my business to someone in Ireland rather than go for a swimmer, but no one has anything at realistic money. Does anyone know of a TC going for that money here? I've checked adverts.ie, donedeal.ie, carzone, cbg ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

unfortunately they are hard to get here for reasonable money...
    have one myself as a plaything and its brilliant fun...
    and the best thing, when I have to go into town I can park in loading bays for 30 mins... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What's so fun about a small white van?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Stephen wrote: »

For their intended purpose they are probably the nicest to drive of their type as well as being really useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Stephen wrote: »

I play with a wedding band at weekends, and I want something with more space than the MINI for lumping gear around. So it's going to be a small van, and then I came across this image, which just appealed to me. So I'm going to buy a TC and get this MS kit for it.

Ford-Transit-Connect-SportVan-b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Kartale

No offence but i think that picture is hideous, in fact any van done up with spoilers, alloys, stripes, side steps etc...
    A van is for work purposes, helpong you make money,carrying objects, lugging crap about, doing it up like a race car is very chav

• Advertisement

Kartale wrote: »
    No offence but i think that picture is hideous, in fact any van done up with spoilers, alloys, stripes, side steps etc...
    A van is for work purposes, helpong you make money,carrying objects, lugging crap about, doing it up like a race car is very chav

I'm not 'doing it up' to be chav. The transit connect sport is an actual model, produced by Ford, and I'll be using original parts. Regardless, if I was one of those people who need the approval of others to drive what I want, I wouldn't be driving a MINI either. It would also be used as a marketing device for the band, so the more 'hideous' the better if it makes people look at the band name. The world'd be a very boring place if we all drove family cars :rolleyes:

Why in God's name must there always be one poster to drag a thread off topic?

Back on-topic, I can find a fair few models on Autotrader alright, and I'll be the UK next month, but I'd really prefer to buy locally if I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

Kartale wrote: »

He is going to be using it for work did you not read his post he said he was in a wedding band at the weekends and would use it for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Kartale

Point taken. Never said you wanted to be a chav.
    Just an opinion after all. thats what forums are for.
    Each to their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I was due a LWB HR T230 back last month but it's gone on extension and I don't know when it will be back. It has the moveable bulkhead, trick security system to keep equipment safe and double side doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭vinniem

I am looking for a 2007 2.4 TDCI manual. I have one but its in German (perfect condition), if anybody is interested in swapped for an english one? :)

• Advertisement

vinniem wrote: »
    I am looking for a 2007 2.4 TDCI manual. I have one but its in German (perfect condition), if anybody is interested in swapped for an english one? :)

I'm getting that smell again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/upload/dublinvantastic.pdf

but the Berlingos in the yard appear cleaner than the Connects.
    Checked them out last Friday evening but wasn't paying attention as I was looking for something else.

EPM.....Wot???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I have a few due back to me in October/November, but nothing between now and then. Unless you want an Opel Combo, or Nissan X Trail Van*.............;)

*Yes, you really do want a Combo or X Trail. YOU DO!:o

vinniem wrote: »
    EPM.....Wot???

First post trying to sell a van?

What I actually meant by smell was the smell of a good deal. I would be interested in a swap with you. Me and my travelling band of leprachauns are touring Germany this Autumn and your transit sounds like the perfect tool for the job. Do I send you my money via western union or whats the next step lad?

EPM wrote: »
    First post trying to sell a van?

What I actually meant by smell was the smell of a good deal. I would be interested in a swap with you. Me and my travelling band of leprachauns are touring Germany this Autumn and your transit sounds like the perfect tool for the job. Do I send you my money via western union or whats the next step lad?

Sorry about that EPM, my mistake. Cant help you with your Leprachauns and dat. Just looking for a manual swap, will hang onto the van... for a while anyway. Cheers :D:D

I think vinnie means 'owners manual' as opposed to swapping a manual transmission transit for something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

^^^

Was the Grandad Wagon bought instead of the Van in the end? :D

I think vinnie means 'owners manual' as opposed to swapping a manual transmission transit for something else.

Penny's just dropped:o

Advertisement