Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing Licence in Trim

Options
  • 17-04-2009 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hoping some one out there can help - i have no idea about fishing and i have been asked to organise fishing licence for two clients next week - they are staying in Trim and want to fish !!
    i have looked on line but not sure where to go , i did get a number from the hotel but there is no one answering.
    found a site where i can buy one on line but you have to say what you are going to catch !!!
    anyone able to point/guide me in the right direction
    thanks a lot

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It depends on what they want to fish for, if they want to fish for migratory species (Salmon, Sea Trout) they need a license which can be purchased online from the CFB website. If they want to fish for anything else they do not need a license. However, depending on where they want to fish, they may need either land owners permission or a permit from the local club/organisation (these typically only cost a few euro and are available in local tackle shops).

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

ok this may be a silly question - but how do you know what you are going to catch ??? do some rivers only have certin fish in them ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ask them what they intent to fosh for :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Hoping some one out there can help - i have no idea about fishing and i have been asked to organise fishing licence for two clients next week - they are staying in Trim and want to fish !!
    i have looked on line but not sure where to go , i did get a number from the hotel but there is no one answering.
    found a site where i can buy one on line but you have to say what you are going to catch !!!
    anyone able to point/guide me in the right direction
    thanks a lot

Try here for a start - the local clubs site
    www.trimathboyanglers.net

Mark O'Regan is also a local guide

Advertisement