Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a child's table?

Options
  • 17-04-2009 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, couldn't think where else to post.

Just looking for suggestions on where to buy a small table for a toddler. It need to be fairly cheap, and ideally I was hoping for somehting wooden, rather than a child-specific plasticky one.

I was thinking of maybe a coffee table from Argos or somewhere like that - any other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I heard a rumour that furniture shops might sell small tables :D

If you can't find one suitable in the shops it should be cheap enough to get one made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

easyeason3 wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that furniture shops might sell small tables :D

If you can't find one suitable in the shops it should be cheap enough to get one made.

Yeah, fair enough! :D

I suppose I kind of meant a small one which would be particularly child friendly - lots of small tables can be really heavy. And also, it's all about the cheap, which standard furniture shops usually aren't....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Teenagers in school doing woodwork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

One of the members who posts on here, Di11on, sells some pretty funky kids furniture. His site address is in his sig.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

littlebug wrote: »
    One of the members who posts on here, Di11on, sells some pretty funky kids furniture. His site is in his sig.
    This is it:

http://www.toysonline.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Thanks all, some good ideas there to get me started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I saw a table and two chairs in Smyths for 30. I think its wooden. I opted for the coloured plastic ones, very cheap, because easy to clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Snowdrop

Ikea do a good range of little tables and chairs, wooden and chunky plastic. I got a lovely little white painted set there a few months ago. can't remember how much exactly but less than €40 and they do have cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Dades wrote: »

Thanks Dades :-)

StudentC: PM'd you a voucher code for free shipping :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

Atlantic Homecare usually have a selection. Maybe Woodies too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

di11on wrote: »
    Thanks Dades :-)

StudentC: PM'd you a voucher code for free shipping :-)

Was going to post www.woodentoys.ie but it's the same shop isn't it :)

Advertisement