Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant in Clonmel or surrounding area?

Options
  • 17-04-2009 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi gang, just looking for a few suggestions for a nice romantic meal in Clonmel or surrounding area. I'm not from the area but my girlfriend is living there at the mo so any advice would be great thanks!! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

"romantic" and "clonmel" in the same sentence :p

For all that you find in Clonmel I've never been too impressed with its restaurants but one of the better ones IMO is the Planet Spice Indian on Mary street. I doubt it's in any way cosy or romantic but the food and service are both generally good.

Have you seen this thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Ya it doesn't seem like a romantic place but gotta try anyway!!

Thanks very much, decided to try "Catalpa"!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Emerald Gardens on O' Connell St. nice Chinese, bit pricey but food and service is not bad.

Maybe a bit romantic :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

On Sarsfield st? I don't know what the food is like but it's central and certainly cosy so it might just work out !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Lyons Chipper if ye end up getting lazy/getting a dvd. Have detoured through Clonmel a few times just to get a bag of chips there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

Hey MG,

Was going to recommend catalpa before you said you were going. It is probably the best restaurant in clonmel and is the setting is lovely. Love the minestrone soup and the veal. Enjoy!

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

What D'ameigos like at night food wish atmosphere???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

lemongrass is a nice place for thai food, probably the nicest restaurant in the town now in my opinion

prefer indian ocean for indian myself

i like Catalpa also but last time we didnt have a great experience with the staff there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I liked Planet Spice the one time I was there, but as was said it's not very romantic. Catalpa is very nice, just make sure you have a reservation, the place could be empty and you could be turned away depending on your man's mood. My favourite restaurant though is Befani's also on Sarsfield Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Susie120704

Love Befanis or D'Amigo's. If you want formal try Raheen House :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

What D'ameigos like at night food wish atmosphere???
    Went there around Valentines, Very nice food. Generous servings, good service and nice atmosphere.

It's a steakhouse really. I wouldn't call it posh, or romantic though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Abrakebabra....Nuff said :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lillysprite

OK u might not find ndian romantic (especially the following morning lol) but have to say Planet Spice is fabulous. Can't remember the name of the road but its down the road opposite Heatons off the main street a few hundred yards - well worth a visit.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

That street is called Mary street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Supposed to be a very nice place. There's a lot of recommendations for it, it's your best bet. ;)
    iceage wrote: »
    Emerald Gardens on O' Connell St. nice Chinese, bit pricey but food and service is not bad.

Maybe a bit romantic :)

Nice place again. :)
    bigkev49 wrote: »
    Lyons Chipper if ye end up getting lazy/getting a dvd. Have detoured through Clonmel a few times just to get a bag of chips there.

Couldn't agree more. :D

Advertisement