Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining EDU forum - can't find out how!

Options
  • 17-04-2009 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there

I cannot find any information on how to join the EDU forum - ie give IBAT a college listing and allow us to post threads. Any assistance or advice would be gratefully received!

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You mean a forum under the EDU section?

This isnt a "listing" as such, its an area for students and others to post their thoughts and discussions about anything and everything relating to that college.

They aren't "owned" by the colleges, they are areas for students of those colleges to post college related "stuff".

If thats what you are requesting we can certainly consider it.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IBaT

Thanks Dev

Basically when I click on the EDU sub-forum, a list of colleges and other sections come up. I want to create an IBAT College sub-forum (similar to all the other colleges such as Carlow IT) that we can post threads in. Can you please explain how to do this?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You request one on the "Forums" forum under Sys. But you will need support for it from your students, and I dont think you have that at the moment.

I think you are misunderstanding the point of such a forum: its for students to talk to each other. Ok the administration are welcome too so long as they play by the rules etc but this isnt a "listing" or somewhere that you "promote" your college for new students to join you. Sure, that might happen as a result of a good flow of information/communication but the forum is not "run" by the college, you wont have any powers there to remove or amend anything.
    Its a "neutral third space" between students, college and the public.

DeV.

Advertisement