Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which is better rockband or guitar hero world tour

• 17-04-2009 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Does rock band 1 or guitar hero world tour have better instruments don't care about the songs looking to pick up the best instruments :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Does rock band 1 or guitar hero world tour have better instruments don't care about the songs looking to pick up the best instruments :confused:

Personally, I think GH:WT's instruments are better but RB1&2 are better games (especially 2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Here's the way that I did it, and you make the most value for money.

1) Buy the Guitar Hero: World Tour pack (I just bought the Guitar, because I'm not interested in the Drums, etc.) ... €99.99 in most shops.
    2) Take the Guitar Hero Software out of the box and Trade it in (I believe GameStop are offering €30 until the end of April)
    3) Buy Rock Band 2 - it's a far superior game to GH.

The pity is that I only worked this out after I had bought the gear ... D'oh.
    Ah well, at least I hope that someone benefits from my experience :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Rock Band !!!!

By a million miles !!....seriously !!

I had Guitar hero 2 and 3 on PS2,
    Then when i got the xBox 360 i bought Guitar Hero 3 again...i love it !!
    Then rock band came out...i hated the guitar on it...but loved the game....so much better...so I began using my GH3 guitar with it..the perfect combination :)

Then Guitar Hero WT is announced and I'm thinking...yes!!! But alas no...I put it in...and turned it off after 3 hours play, I've not played it since
    Got Rock Band 2, improved on everything rockband 1 did so well...and is possibly the greatest party game of all time !! :):D ...didn't get a chance to try the Rock Band 2 guitar yet though...i still love my Gibson Les Paul GH3 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

for me the rock band guitar patterns seems more realistic than the guitar hero ones even on lower difficulties

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Rock Band is the better game and gets far more of my time playing than any of the 3 GH games I have. Dunno about the instruments though as I just have the GH3 guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jessieannas

I have been very interested in this debate previously, myself. A current owner of Rock Band on the Wii, I have always wanted to know which is actually better. I was told that World Tour was supposedly going to win the fight between the two games, but, which will win? It's a bit hard to choose, but if it is the instruments you are looking at, why not just buy real ones? Hehe!

Seriously, I don't know. But the World Tour instruments do look quite cool. I actually love Gibson guitars and Fender guitars, so I bought the black Strat for the Wii. looking forward to getting either of the games, whichever seems to come out of top in this thread! Good thread idea, by the way. Stops me needing to keep researching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

People will just keep saying Rock Band is better and they'd be right. World Tour was just a blatant attempt at cashing in on Rock Band's success with the introduction of new instruments, although this is to be expected from Activision.

World Tour has a horrible UI, inferior song list, lack of DLC and many of the game's mechanics are terrible, like star power and being able to tell whether or not the band's about to fail, i.e. you can't, unlike Rock Band. I have Rock Band 2 and played World Tour for the first time last night, and I can safely say I'm never going to play it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I had GH3 and World Tour on the Wii *cough* see my sig *cough* :) loads of fun to play at a house party.

Bought on xbox picked up GH2 for cheap in Symths got Rockband, and rebought GH3 and Word Tour. Rockband has a fair better playlist than World Tour, but the World Tour drums and guitar are far better than those for Rockband, I've tried bought before at house parties.

And the World Tour drums work surprising well with Rockband even though RB drums have a different layout than the WT ones.

rock-band-2-drums-vs-guitar-hero-drums.jpg
    GH drums on left, Rack Band on right. The orange cymbal isn't used on the GH drums when using them for RB.

Also Rock Band will be releasing the BEATLES !!!! so.....game over man !! :D

Rock Band > Guitar Hero : WT !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

Deffinately Rockband.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nmango

disagree. guitar hero wt is class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

nmango wrote: »
    disagree. guitar hero wt is class

Highly doubtful you've played Rock Band then, since you said "guitar hero wt is class", not "Guitar Hero WT blows floppy donkey dick compared to Rock Band, after having played both." :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Rock Band songs are ridiculously easy. Rock Band 1 and GH World tour have a pretty awful list of songs though. Rock Band 2 is a lot better.

Some of the Rock Band 2 songs are just ridiculous !!

Overall its much better highly polished game than Guitar hero !!

In fact !!...as I've stated before that I've only played Guitar Hero WT once or twice since release as its muck compared to Rockband, I'll give my copy of the game to anyone who's interested. For FREE !! (as long as your willing to collect, I live near liffey valley)

Its just sat and will be sat gathering dust !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

never played RB.

got WT for free in a competition, enjoy it. will agree that the UI is a bit awkward esp when trying to explain it to drunks at a party

"ok now you press the green button on the guitar to select, HEY stop hitting that, you've sent us back 3 steps, now we have to start again, NO dont strum it yet, you have to pick your man....jesus..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I'll take the game for free Sean :D

I have Rock band 1 & 2, and think that they are great games. Played them for the first time with mates on good friday and the craic we had. Best party games (after Texas Hold Em that is) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

nicklauski wrote: »
    I'll take the game for free Sean :D

do i know you?

anyway....i didnt say i hated it! oh i'll be keeping it thanks, he drums are great fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

That wasn't aimed at you 120 mins it was at the post previous to yours.
    Probably should have quoted SeanDerMann. :D

Yeah np man.
    Just send me a PM,,,i'm off the next 2 days so can drop it over to Liffey Valley anytime ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Guitar Hero WT has better instruments. But Rockband is way better mix and match and you have a winning combo:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Depends on what you want to be honest.

I was a GH Fanboy since GH2 on the ps2, loved every bit of it.

When GH:WT was announced i tried out RB1 in a mates and found it to be fun and slightly easier to play (on guitar obviously) :P.

When i got GH:WT after pre-booking it, because i was genuinely concerned it would be sold out! I got through as much of it as i wanted pretty quickly.

Then i got the RB2 game and i have been having more fun with that than GH.

Its simply put down to this:

If you want technique and difficulty, something challenging, Get GH:WT.

If you want a bit of fun, being able to turn on the "Never fail" mode, bash them around, then get RB.

In closing the GH instruments are more fun to play, the RB drums makes you feel stupid as if you are hitting bongos all the time.
    Sure, they arent as cheap, but the GH are more worth it.

The DL ability of RB is pretty expansive, i think i have speant close to 2000 points on songs, which is brilliant to say to someone at a party "Wanna play RB?" and in response "Nah, i wouldnt know the songs..." to then say "Ah go on, i have Journey on it!" to hear the room then suddenly become interested when your mate tries to belt out Don't Stop Believing!

With GH your pretty limited to a few rareties of songs you may know.

So as i said, its all about personal preference. :)

thats a good point actually, Rock Band as a MUCH better selection of dlc which i cant afford :mad:

feel free to buy me some microsoft points though :rolleyes:

does any one know if newer dlc for gh:wt works with the older ones like gh3?
    I know there would be no drums only guitar etc

the rise against ones for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

This is another area where I think that Guitar Hero missed out - the songs are for the one version only. Rock Band allows you to take your library of songs that you bought to the next version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I think I'm one the small few who prefer the RB1 guitar. Loathe the GHWT one.

As i promised, I gave my copy of GH:WT away, for Free, Nicklauski collected it....

So await his verdict after playing both :):D

Hopefully gonna have a mega rock band session this weekend with my mate up till the next morning..:D...been a few months !

SeantheMan wrote: »
    As i promised, I gave my copy of GH:WT away, for Free, Nicklauski collected it....

So await his verdict after playing both :):D

Hopefully gonna have a mega rock band session this weekend with my mate up till the next morning..:D...been a few months !

my knuckles on my right hand are killing me :mad: after two weeks of rock band / guitar hero madness.

played, gh3, gh:wt, rb2, and rb:tp2 most enjoyable for me gh:wt in terms of songs and the fact that rb2 makes u play all the rubbish songs too many times in career mode :mad:

Gonna have to rest myself for a few days else risk serious rsi , damn u unemployment :mad:

Advertisement