Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colour management

• 17-04-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Since my laptop is down I have to use the desktop, I have always been a bit inclined to use the laptop as the colour is better on it although the desktop is a lot easier to use with a bigger and better screen.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick nudge as to which colour profile to choose, I want to start my Amie shots and I know there isnt much point if I am not seeing the right colours. My monitor does not give me a temperature choice all over though I can select 1- 100 of red green and blue, IO can also select warm or cool although neither of those look right to my eye.

Also there is the option to go into the properties and choose the advanced settings for the colour, this gives a choice of loads of different colour profiles but I do not know which one I should choose, there is the option for adobe rgb 1998 for example.

Any tips without going to the expense of having it callibrated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

The most simple thing to do would be use a colour chart from photobox, or someone.
    Do you have one of them?
    Perhaps you could print one off?

Basically you hold the colour chart next to the colour chart which is on the screen and adjust the settings until the colours match.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

You should really have a calibrator.

If you knew someone close by that owned one you could arrange to use theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'd seriously think about investing in a calibrator. It saves an awful lot of hassle and it only takes 5-10 mins to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

oh looks like i might get a lend.

With my bad luck this week budget wouldnt stretch to one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

gimmie a ring you can borrow mine

• Advertisement

Thanks steve, paul is passing by here in a bit and has offered a lend, may bring laptop with me to yours when its fixed and next time i'm going to you, this colour thing is irritating me, especially since being in that other place too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

It's hard to get decent colour on a laptop, since the screen brightness can change in different lighting conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

City-Exile wrote: »
    It's hard to get decent colour on a laptop, since the screen brightness can change in different lighting conditions.

Exactly...it's particularly bad on glossy screens. Best to do PP on desktop monitors really.

Thankfully Paul cam to my rescue and the screen is perfect now. Will upload a pic to flickr now.

Advertisement