Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy breadcrumbs?

• 17-04-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I used to be able to get packs of breadcrumbs from the bakers in germany when I was living there for about a euro.

Where is the best place to get them in Ireland since there are not bakeries (from what I know) here like there are in germany? Tesco?

I want to use the breadcrumbs for meatballs.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

all the major supermarkets and symbol groups stock them. dunnes do their own brand and tesco do a brand called mr. crumb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I usually make my own, if you don't have a blender - you can grate the bread instead. I find it easier if it's nice and stale. Or even frozen. Takes a while though, but better than nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

breadcrumbs of tesco sucks!!!! it's too wet (like most of the breadcrumb in ireland).

Proper breadcrumbs can be found in Polish shops, 1.70 eu a bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Proper breadcrumbs can be found in Polish shops, 1.70 eu a bag
    I ended up purchasing the breadcrumbs in tescos and I agree with you. The breadcrumbs I used to have in Germany were a lot dryer mainly I think because they were made from rolls etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can "stale" your own bread, just leave it in a low heat oven, or oven just turned off, or toast on a very low heat. Then liquidise it up to get the drier crumbs. Shops usually charge a fortune for simple crumbs. I prefer using heels of bread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

if it's meatballs, why not try use some crackers instead of breadcrumbs

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Yep I'd use cream crackers smashed up in a teatowel instead too.

Advertisement