Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Radio Show?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

3fullback wrote: »
    THE RAY FOLEY SHOW . ABSOLUTE BRILLIANCE

100% agreed!!! Just to hear out takes from Celebrity Bainisteoir of Emma O' Driscoll shouting "Do you see that coat? Do you want me to hang it up? Do you want me to hang up that coat?"

Oh and on a Sunday evening there's The Annex on 2fm from 7 to 9.30 I think. Its all rock anthems, the classics from Metallica, AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, U2... great show for driving home after a weekend away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

100% agreed!!! Just to hear out takes from Celebrity Bainisteoir of Emma O' Driscoll shouting "Do you see that coat? Do you want me to hang it up? Do you want me to hang up that coat?"

:pac:

I love the random "He's a good actress" soundbyte aswell, has me in hysterics!!!

Also Ray's impression of Matt Cooper
    "Hello like..."- in a high pitched voice.

Also, JP did one a while ago, for his thing on Fridays, can't remember the name of it.
    But it was basically a clip of Matt talking to some guy on his show, and then getting pissed off at him, then they threw in some punching sound effects.
    Listen to the May 8th podcast, it is one of the best shows!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

mattyvs wrote: »
    Although his night time show was better, Ray Foley is still the best on the air

i completely agree! who here remembers "The Blast"? Now that was radio. it could not be surpassed. i get mad when i hear knobs on about how great foley is, without ever having listened to him on late night radio. he's now a mere shadow of his former self. i always thought that once he moved to day time, he'd have to compromise on his craziness, and i was right. his new show isn't half as edgy or nuts as the blast, but its still pretty good as day time goes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

i completely agree! who here remembers "The Blast"? Now that was radio. it could not be surpassed. i get mad when i hear knobs on about how great foley is, without ever having listened to him on late night radio. he's now a mere shadow of his former self. i always thought that once he moved to day time, he'd have to compromise on his craziness, and i was right. his new show isn't half as edgy or nuts as the blast, but its still pretty good as day time goes...

I started listening to him during the JC in 2006.
    I loved his "exam tips":pac:

"Don't cheat. If you do...don't get caught"
    "If you give the right answers, you will pass the exam"

Also, who could forget the brilliant songs?
    "From Cork to Roscommon
    And every nightclub I get in
    I'm in the mood for a shift,
    Mood for a shift..."

"At first I was afraid,
    I was petrified
    Kept thinking I could never live without my revison guide..."

God almight...that man is brilliant!!!!!
    I wish he stuck around for the LC. Could have used some more of those tips :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Last word most def. Great variety on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

Anything on I 102-104 is normally brilliant.
    The iJacker on Dave O'Conner is brilliant,
    iGoHome with Fergal D'Arcy is good craic,
    The music on Ar Eileamh is good

ANDD

iTalk with Mary McGill is fantastic =)

It's such a happy radio station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Also, who could forget the brilliant songs?
    "From Cork to Roscommon
    And every nightclub I get in
    I'm in the mood for a shift,
    Mood for a shift..."

"At first I was afraid,
    I was petrified
    Kept thinking I could never live without my revison guide..."

Don't forget his version on Ne-yo, So Sick.:D

"And I'm so sick of this song,
    It's a pile of sh*te,
    So sick of hearing it every night."

Ledge:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

Don't forget his version on Ne-yo, So Sick.:D

"And I'm so sick of this song,
    It's a pile of sh*te,
    So sick of hearing it every night."

Ledge:)

And there was the Brilliant Bitches Box Of sh*te!!

Its the bitches box of sh*te
    Its the bitches box of shiiiiite
    Its the bitches box of sh*te
    Its the bitches box ooooooooof. sh*te

I miss that show so much, although Foley is still amazing

Oh and on a Sunday evening there's The Annex on 2fm from 7 to 9.30 I think. Its all rock anthems, the classics from Metallica, AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, U2... great show for driving home after a weekend away
    Yeah it took me awhile to get that game were they used to blare a horn at a contestant. eh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Twilighter wrote: »
    Anything on I 102-104 is normally brilliant.
    The iJacker on Dave O'Conner is brilliant,
    iGoHome with Fergal D'Arcy is good craic,
    The music on Ar Eileamh is good

ANDD

iTalk with Mary McGill is fantastic =)

It's such a happy radio station.

Definetly agree...savage radio station!!! I love george the gnome!!!!

not to be boring here but the JK Ensemble by John Kelly on Lyric FM is definitely up there with the best. One of the best Dj's around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

BEEB 5 LATE NIGHT EARLY MORnING
    talksport night time.
    fishermasn blues
    anyone else listen to these stations ?

BEEB 5 LATE NIGHT EARLY MORnING
    talksport night time.
    fishermasn blues
    anyone else listen to these stations ?
    Today FM after seven. some good stuff on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Night Crusin with Jason Maine....what the hell has happened to him? I have not heard him in years.

Current Favourites are 606 with Tim Lovejoy and I'm actually partial to Gerry Ryan in the mornings once that annoying woman isn't in studio...

bbability wrote: »
    Night Crusin with Jason Maine....what the hell has happened to him? I have not heard him in years.

Current Favourites are 606 with Tim Lovejoy and I'm actually partial to Gerry Ryan in the mornings once that annoying woman isn't in studio...
    Yes listened to Ryan for awhile but got a bit annoyed when he dug his heels over taking pay cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Galwaybuzz

i102104 is one of the best stations in the country and easy to listen to ALL day!!! Most presenter are great except for one or two!!!!!

Advertisement