Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disposable Cameras- Life Span

• 17-04-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭

10 yrs ago I was in Mexico and had 2 local ladies back in the apartment where...shall we say a lot of fun was had and disposable camera was produced.

I still have the camera at home as the pictures on it werent the type I could just walk into the local shop and develop.

2 Questions

1. Would it still be possibly to develop photos?
    2. Are there are any good home kits I could use?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

First off... Lol :D

Secondly, you're best off dropping it in somewhere to get it done - Out of town if you wanted!! As far as getting usable photos off it, it really depends on how it was kept, but they won't be fantastic by any means... well... *cough*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Film does go off & has a use by date. After 10 years it's a bit of a lottery as to how well it will have travelled. A lot will depend on the conditions under which it was stored.

Delevoping B&W film at home is easy if you have the kit, but colour is a bit more tricky.

If you are worried about the content, then you could ask for just the film to be delevoped & not printed or scanned. I take it the images are explicit but not illegal?

Afaik, the content is scanned automatically and put up on screen with the automated machines, regardless of printing or not. In for a penny, in for a pound, get your prints or CD, and get outta there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

CabanSail wrote: »
    Film does go off & has a use by date. After 10 years it's a bit of a lottery as to how well it will have travelled. A lot will depend on the conditions under which it was stored.

Delevoping B&W film at home is easy if you have the kit, but colour is a bit more tricky.

If you are worried about the content, then you could ask for just the film to be delevoped & not printed or scanned. I take it the images are explicit but not illegal?

No No the photos are perfectly legal...just a bit..well a lot of nudity and suggestive poses..:o...ah the joys of youth..too early for a digital camera...

What do you mean have the film developed but not printed or scanned?

ps the camera had a flash..and we were all in our early 20s at the time..in fact they were older than me so nothining sinister or seedy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Sounds like it wasn't just the Camera that Flashed!

Times have changed & so have you. Just get it processed. If anyone looks funny at you when you pick it up then mutter something about picking up your younger brothers holiday snaps & you hope he got some nice shots in Mexico. :D

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »
    Sounds like it wasn't just the Camera that Flashed!

Times have changed & so have you. Just get it processed. If anyone looks funny at you when you pick it up then mutter something about picking up your younger brothers holiday snaps & you hope he got some nice shots in Mexico. :D

Boom Boom...

So bottom line is it would be difficult to develop them myself?

I might take the camera to Amsterdam and get it done there...

Lol, most places will have seen it all before tbh. If you're worried, just head outta town to get it done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Lol, most places will have seen it all before tbh. If you're worried, just head outta town to get it done!
    LOL I used to work in a camera / photo shop back in the 70's and we always used to check out the prints when they came in from the lab (this was pre mini-lab days!). In fact some of the staff, if they fancied the girl that brought the film in, used to put a special "code" on the name/address tab so that they could recognise them when they came in. One I remember quite vividly was of a couple who seemed to enjoy nude archery :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i used to work in a photo place - the things some people took shots of would seriously make ya wonder.(a foot fetishist who used to take really dodgy shots with a disposable camera of women's shoes in nightclubs comes to mind - and that was a woman :rolleyes:) if they were particulary cringy or he knew them as business people round town the boss used to disappear upstairs when the person cam back to collect the prints and leave us to serve them. but then hey - as fajitas said wherever you leave them in will have seen it before so if it bothers you that much don't go somewhere local to ya.

oh - and btw - you may wanna post a few in the random photo section - ahem - just so we can see how the film has held up after so long, of course;)

Lol... Nude archery... is that a metaphor?

:pac:
    oh - and btw - you may wanna post a few in the random photo section - ahem - just so we can see how the film has held up after so long, of course
    Durty...

• Advertisement

To be fair...there are also genuine photos there of Chichen Itza which I do really want...

Of the 28 or so photos on the camera...about 15/16 are 'delicate'...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Durty...

i was.. erm just like you know *cough cough* - right... so there. yeah... well in fairness - it's not the usual things people post in here is it??!!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Lol... Nude archery... is that a metaphor?
    :pac:
    Surprisingly no, it was just that, archery in the nude .. very strange (and potentially dangerous too, I'd imagine:eek:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

To be fair...there are also genuine photos there of Chichen Itza which I do really want...

Of the 28 or so photos on the camera...about 15/16 are 'delicate'...:o

Chichen Itza over ten years ago would be something to see.

Do like a lot people are saying and take it out of town if you are really that worried.

Those memories are worth trying to preserve.

I was there about 5 years ago.
    B4F63625CDE44CC59FC0FA022295A188-500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Can you not post it off to an online one?

Chichen Itza over ten years ago would be something to see.

Do like a lot people are saying and take it out of town if you are really that worried.

Those memories are worth trying to preserve.

I was there about 5 years ago.
    B4F63625CDE44CC59FC0FA022295A188-500.jpg

I had another camera so I do have some photos alright of the temple..which was great..was there in September 99 and I had to ring home to see if Cork had won the hurling all ireland..which they had...:)

Good week all round;)

Actually I might look into posting the camera away online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

a lot of pharmacies around the country don't have a lab in the shop and send the pictures away so the staff who you'd be dealing with would never see your photos anyway, most smaller Boots stores do this (send them off to Spectra in Listowel where they get developed in a warehouse)

Advertisement