Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why has this thread not been banned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cowboy supper

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    What has being a mod got to do with things?

If you a moderator on a forum are you not supposed to have some type of respect to a touchey subject?????/

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    they're cats FFS,who cares,F all on AH anyway

Because of that thread being started you get arsehole comments like this promoting dickhead comments like this!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

If you a moderator on a forum are you not supposed to have some type of respect to a touchey subject?????/

No. Mods are normal users outside of the forums they mod.

No. Mods are normal users outside of the forums they mod.

Well then how do you moderate correctly with an open mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Outside of our own forums, we are just regular users.
    Jesus so if you disagree with hunting cats you get banned or you thread locked? Come on guys is that even legal?

Nobody is agreeing with hunting cats. As far as I can see, it's a light-hearted thread in a forum that is all about shooting animals.
    Because of that thread being started you get arsehole comments like this promoting dickhead comments like this!:mad:

There are ways to make your point without resorting to language such as that. I appreciate it is an emotive issue for some people, but there are better ways to put across your case.

I take it you don't want my recipe for rabbit stew, then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jesus so if you disagree with hunting cats you get banned or you thread locked? Come on guys is that even legal?

LoL.

That kinda talk won't last you long around here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The guy who wanted to "relocate" the cats was serious - and received some useful responses.

The folks joking about hunting, killing, drowning them are just having a laugh.

So lighten up, whiskers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

funny-pictures-the-army-of-darkness-is-rather-cute.jpg

Anyway I think the case is closed. Relocating animals is not inhumane. Bears and Mountain Lions get Tranq'd and relocated all the time whenever they endanger humans, and nobody fusses. Guy wants to relocate some cats and we need to have a feedback thread about it?

Lets get back to reality shall we?

Well then how do you moderate correctly with an open mind?

How is that relevant?
    I mod one forum. The moderation of every other forum here has nothing to do with me.

I take it you don't want my recipe for rabbit stew, then?[/quote]

See I would have taken that advice onboard there but you still have to come off with a smart arse comment. Why should I convey myself in a better light if the mods are doing exactly the same in round about way.

But im going off topic its not about the smart arse mods, its about the thread started. And the only senseable reply ive had is from the mod of the hunting forum so ive more rspect for him than anybody else on here. How ironic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Eh?

No, you're perfectly entitled to disagree with 'hunting' cats, but the thread was posted in the Hunting forum, so the responses were of course going to come from that community.

Who has been banned or what thread has been locked?
    Certainly, I've banned no-one, and locked no thread.

I appreciate that many will find it distasteful, but the shooting of feral cats is perfectly legal.

Best regards,
    Rovi.

The folks joking about hunting, killing, drowning them are just having a laugh.

ARE YOU ON DRUGS?

Why should I convey myself in a better light if the mods are doing exactly the same in round about way.

Because nobody else is going all hysterical over what, in the overall scheme of things, is a relatively trivial matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Again...

Feral cats are incredibly destructive to our native wildlife and they spread like wildfire. They are a scourge to be honest with you and it's all down to careless pet owners who will tell you how much they love their cats!

Cowboy, I don't know if you are familiar with the hunting forum. 99% of them are big in to their nature and wildlife, they know their beans and a lot of them would consider themselves conversationalists. OK, you might get the odd idiot, you get them everywhere, but cleanly shooting feral cats that are damaging the immediate natural balance and eco system is a bonus for the area.

There are other things to consider, including the spread of disease from feral cat scat. I believe it's harmful to children and adults (remember Train Spotting?).

Rovi wrote: »
    Eh?

No, you're perfectly entitled to disagree with 'hunting' cats, but the thread was posted in the Hunting forum, so the responses were of course going to come from that community.

Who has been banned or what thread has been locked?
    Certainly, I've banned no-one, and locked no thread.

I appreciate that many will find it distasteful, but the shooting of feral cats is perfectly legal.

Best regards,
    Rovi.

I understand its legal to shoot feral cats but I dont agree with the other joke posts towards killing cats but you have addresed that I see atleast!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I take it you don't want my recipe for rabbit stew, then?

How about a good recipe for cat instead??
    BEER ROASTED CAT DO NOT USE BEER
    1 cat cut into roast
    1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
    1 cube of beef bouillon
    1 clove of garlic
    1 Fine Irish Stout, a lot like a popular dark Irish Beer®, but NOT that brand at their lawyers' request. They alledge this article, educating others in the legal eating habits of over 100 million people world-wide, and specifically in rising East Asian markets, is "highly offensive."

Scraped CatCover and soak cat roast in salt water for 24 hours. Drain water and then cover and soak in beer for 6 hours. Drain and place in crock pot with your cans of soup. Add a clove of garlic, and a cube of beef bouillon. If you start to slow cook your cat in the morning with your George Foreman Cooker (or it's ilk), you'll have finely cooked feline in time for supper.

If a slow cooker is not available, a cat can be baked at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours in a conventional oven and still come out pretty good. Beer Roasted Cat is fantastic served with mashed potatoes, collard greens, and fresh, homemade egg rolls. When planning a full meal just remember- cat is a course best served hot!

ARE YOU ON DRUGS?

:rolleyes: You give out about others making smart-arse comments and then proceed to write stuff like that!

Hellrazer wrote: »

ZOMG! And this from the Animal & Pets moderator!!!! :eek:

Hellrazer wrote: »

THIS IS YOUR MOD FOR ANIMALS SECTION I SEE HES DOING A SWELL JOB!
    WHATA JOKE!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ahhh. this is the way feedback used to be before the SMODs starting running the shop !

crazy rants...lolcats... I miss the 'old' feedback :)

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: You give out about others making smart-arse comments and then proceed to write stuff like that!

Why should I change when every moderator on here has made a smart comment?

Your the mod not me...you set the example not me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

ZOMG! And this from the Animal & Pets moderator!!!! :eek:

Im only an animal and pets moderator in the Animals and Pets forum ;)

That actually came from a real website though.

Cat-CatInDishInsideOpenOven.jpg

In before lock.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

WHATA JOKE!

You can be a mod for animals and pets and eat meat!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OK. It's "You're".
    Now there's a good example.
    huh huh?
    See we're all buddies really.

OK. It's "You're".
    Now there's a good example.
    huh huh?
    See we're all buddies really.

Brillant! What a waste of space!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What are you getting so worked up over? Feral cats are a danger to domesticated cats. they spread disease and mate with pet cats.

*sigh* Like I said before, moderators are regular users outside of the forums they mod. It's not up to me to set an example for anyone.

If you need other people to show you how to behave here, perhaps you're not yet ready for the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I understand its legal to shoot feral cats but I dont agree with the other joke posts towards killing cats but you have addresed that I see atleast!
    I've removed a couple of 'joke' posts, but the ones suggesting the use of firearms and traps/euthanasia remain; these are perfectly legal remedies to a feral cat problem.

• Advertisement

That's no way to speak to a doctor!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement