Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - Porch @ Pink Pop 1992

• 17-04-2009 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

These are one of my only bands that I loved as a little 90s grunge kid that I haven't seen live... Which sucks because this video shows how amazing they are (were) live.

Porch is one of my favourite songs ever - the energy is incredible, I just melt into it mmm... This is the last song of their set and the audience and band are just crazy euphoric. Eddie is insane!! :D I would kill to be at this performance!

Enjoy :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Shouldn't you just mean the whole Pinkpop set of that year? Unbelievable so it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Yea, it's brilliant! But this video is the highlight for me - The whole show is up on youtube though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Major lol at Eddie climbing that yoke and jumping into the crowd! He crazy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

ha, no way. Had a party in the house last night and started talkin to a PJ fan i met about this concert and this video in particular. Went off and found the video of the show and played this. Amazes people every time. so random you made a thread about it yesterday too. Leash and Black from this set are unbelievable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

phenomenal gig.......so intense.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

They're actually still pretty energetic in their older age! Of course Ed doesn't go hangin' out of camera poles anymore, but the rest of them still have it!

I do love that video, and of course Porch from Unplugged is right up there too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

They're a fantastic band live, seen them a few times, all in Ireland though. After 10 initially came out Eddie Vedder was a bit taken aback by the whole fame thing though and withdrew into himself so there was a stage where he'd basically do the whole gig looking at his feet or with his back to the audience. Got over it though and he got back to being greatness again. The last gig they did at the point was fantastic, got the official bootleg afterwards and it must be the best live gig album I have.

I used to have tape and CD loads of their gigs but they've all been lost in the process of moving house etc but I'm pretty sure they're all in my dads shed. I actually bought '10' again yesterday, the Deluxe Edit of the newly released remaster. Must be the 3rd or 4th version I have of it but I bought it mainly for the 10 Redux CD which is basically 10 remixed by Brendan O'Brien and as an added bonus it has their MTV Unplugged set on DVD, something that I've manged to treasure for years on video tape that I recorded from the telly. According to the label it's the first time on CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I never thought i would say something like this about any rock band but...
    Pearl Jam in 1992 had waaaaaay too much hair in that band! :D

They're gone all clean cut now. I remember seeing Jeff Ament and Mike McCready being interviewed on t.v. somewhere and didn't realise who they were until the presenter mentioned their name, shame on me.

Jip wrote: »
    They're gone all clean cut now. I remember seeing Jeff Ament and Mike McCready being interviewed on t.v. somewhere and didn't realise who they were until the presenter mentioned their name, shame on me.

Yeah. Although Vedder did grow his hair back afterwards though didn't he? Just as well cos he looked like a mong with the whole "short back and sides" style. :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Ed lost all his powers during the Riot Act era with his short hair and smart t-shirts. Mike dyes his hair odd colours from time to time.

Eddie Vedder - The Samson of vocalists! ;)

LOL ! The Samson of Vocalists indeed. Was reading that it's the bands 20th anniversary in 2011 and Cameron Crowe is apparently making a retrospective movie for it.

Jip wrote: »
    LOL ! The Samson of Vocalists indeed. Was reading that it's the bands 20th anniversary in 2011 and Cameron Crowe is apparently making a retrospective movie for it.

Yeah, read that last week. So basically it's gonna be a remake of Almost Famous, starring Pearl Jam! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 SwirlsAllAround

I enjoyed that video, Porch is a deadly song. It's not an obvious choice, it took me a few years to realise what a great song it was....possibly because there were so many obviously great songs on the album. They look so young in it... 17 years is a long time.

Thanks Lil Kitten.

Advertisement