Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kojaks Barbers - Douglas Court SC

Options
2»

Comments

I would like a decent hot towel shave, most places do any awful job. That place across from centra in Togher is awful, my sister got me a full works voucher for there. Dirty place. That nice comfy place on McCurtain Street is meant to be good but I was all razor rash after it.

Agree with the shaved head issue, I started shaving my head over a year ago, starting with a 1 all round, then a half then a 0, I mach 3 it now. It's amazing how some folk reckon you are a scum bag just because you have a shaved head. A Garda stopped me last summer up here in Galway, had a look around the car then asks me have I come to their attention before. I said no Garda, do I look familiar or something. He says "I meant have you come to the attention of the Gardai before", lol, thick bastad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

I bought a set of Wahl clippers about 4 years ago for €69.95, from the hair dressing supplies shop in town. The clippers are still going strong and I haven't been to a barbers since. You can imagine how much money I've saved! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

colblimp wrote: »
    I bought a set of Wahl clippers about 4 years ago for €69.95, from the hair dressing supplies shop in town. The clippers are still going strong and I haven't been to a barbers since. You can imagine how much money I've saved! :D

that's the job alright! I had a Wahl clippers but it broke and somehow I managed to get a Remington...awful thing it is, I'm going to invest in a good Wahl again. Where is this hair dressing supplies place you talk of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

that's the job alright! I had a Wahl clippers but it broke and somehow I managed to get a Remington...awful thing it is, I'm going to invest in a good Wahl again. Where is this hair dressing supplies place you talk of?

I use Hennessy Hair Supplies on Pembroke Street off Oliver Plunkett Street.
    Imo if your cutting your hair down to a zero you should get a Wahl Balding Clipper as you get a closer cut with it, as opposed to a Wahl Super Taper.
    It's a tiny difference but size is everything.

thanks cork45, I'd normally stick to a #2 or sometimes a #1. I'll give the balding clippers a miss :)

• Advertisement

All off ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

The same place cork45 quoted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

RoverJames wrote: »
    I would like a decent hot towel shave, most places do any awful job. That place across from centra in Togher is awful, my sister got me a full works voucher for there. Dirty place. That nice comfy place on McCurtain Street is meant to be good but I was all razor rash after it.

Agree with the shaved head issue, I started shaving my head over a year ago, starting with a 1 all round, then a half then a 0, I mach 3 it now. It's amazing how some folk reckon you are a scum bag just because you have a shaved head. A Garda stopped me last summer up here in Galway, had a look around the car then asks me have I come to their attention before. I said no Garda, do I look familiar or something. He says "I meant have you come to the attention of the Gardai before", lol, thick bastad.

Try and book Akif when visiting Franco's.He is the best barber in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

His name is Akif? :eek: I've been calling him Quefe :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Go ask for the manager, tbh you should have called him on cutting you as he should of taken greater care. If you go again and get the same guy make a point out loud of saying you'd like to treated with a bit of respect this time and not end up cut, not exactly those words but to that effect.

MC

I wouldnt say this to any barber before he goes anywhere near you with a scissors :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

ShamoBuck wrote: »
    Just so happens I got my haircut in the barbers in Glanmire - Crestfield shopping centre. The barber there is very nice, while the women are friendly and full of chat.

I just realised - you never said if they were any good or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rob Scott

anybody used the turkish barbers in douglas for a shave/cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

There's a place in Wilton SC, not too sure of the name but it's fantastic.Bunch of foreign guys working there and they really take good care of your hair and you.They cost about 15 -20, and I'd recommend them.Tehy do the hot towel shave stuff too, and the singing out ear hair or whatever it is.I think only one guy does that though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hey forest

I know tis a bit late..Is this the place that was nexted to the bakery in DC..If tis and if u did like the other ladies working there, one of the girls has opened up her own shop on Albert Road " Flying Cuts" i think the name is..She is loverly black haired lady full of chat....She is only charging like €10 r something for the cuts....
    Has anyone used this barbers lately? Here's my tale...

I've often used this barbers, anytime I went in there were two women working there and they were friendly and always did a good job but last Wednesday I went in for a haircut and there was a lad in there so i just took a seat and told him what I wanted.

Now the moment he started with the clippers I knew I was in for a rough haircut! The lad was nearly hopping the clippers off my head (I was getting a #2 back and sides). I felt I was joining the army!

Anyway, what really ticked me off was when he went over a small raised mole on my neck with the clippers (normally the person cutting the hair will pay attention to this and be very careful) I knew he must have cut it but he said nothing.
    When he was finished I checked and yes, plenty of blood coming from it. I was furious but at this stage I felt there was no reason in saying it to him, to be honest I was nearly afraid of him,he was so arrogant.

I was annoyed with myself for maybe not copping earlier that he was a total nutter but I just paid my money and left..in fairness he did a fairly good job on the actual haircut but his manner was terrible and the fact that I walked away bleeding was not good!

I wonder has it changed ownership or something because usually the women are always in there and if this looper is going to be there in future well then I have to go find somewhere else.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

Rob Scott wrote: »
    anybody used the turkish barbers in douglas for a shave/cut?

i used them for the last 3/4 cuts now,tenner and they take very good care in the cut and do a fine job(i get 2 B&Sides and trim on top).dont expect any conversation tho...........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I never used them. I always thought their prices were way to high.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hey forest

I know tis a bit late..Is this the place that was nexted to the bakery in DC..If tis and if u did like the other ladies working there, one of the girls has opened up her own shop on Albert Road " Flying Cuts" i think the name is..She is loverly black haired lady full of chat....She is only charging like €10 r something for the cuts....

thanks Milly, never too late to find a decent hair cut! I'll go pay her a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rob Scott

cheers. well i went to franco's on mccurtain st saturday. decent cut alright although bit short. wasnt impressed with the shave (my first barber shop shave) though. plenty little cuts and missed a strip on my neck which i ended up sorting myself. reckon i'll be sticking to the fusion.

Advertisement