Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning - Dog owners Ashbourne Area

Options
  • 17-04-2009 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Just a quick word of warning. Collegue of mine in work - went out to feed his dog one morning recently to find the dog missing and only a used syringe in the kennel. He drove around the area and a neighbour reported seeing his dog in a disorientated state. Dog is safely back at home now and well again. But it seems that someone / gang have been drugging dogs and kidnapping them as there have been a number of dogs reported missing in the area.

He says he can only presume that his dog was dumped again because they found out he wasn't a pedigee and was neutered.

Just a word of warning. This kind of thing sickens me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭igglou

Wow, that's scary.

My parents live in Ashbourne but are away on hols at the mo and their next door neighbour is minding their dog. I'm sure they will look after her well like they always do but I think I'll pop round while I'm working in the area for the next few days just to be sure.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

Thanks clofty. I see a lot of nice dogs being walked in the town, there's a lovely St. Bernard and some nice Akita type dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

There are some sick fcukers out there alright but I thought that kind of thing would have died down because of the recession.
    I know one or two people who have people who have pedigree pups for sale at the moment & they can't sell them despite dropping the price a good bit.
    Wouldn't you love to catch them in the act, I'd safely say I would have to be dug out of them.

Advertisement