Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colosseum C&C

• 17-04-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

0AED52E281584844AD98B59274970ABB-800.jpg

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

The street lamp is very distracting and I think a lower angle would have given the building a greater presence. There's too much going on in the foreground and centre, which reduced the impact of the mighty structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

City-Exile wrote: »
    The street lamp is very distracting and I think a lower angle would have given the building a greater presence. There's too much going on in the foreground and centre, which reduced the impact of the mighty structure.

I see what you mean. I was going for the sweep of the colosseum and the street to draw attention into the photograph toward the arch.True about the street lamp actually..

Just for fun, try cropping it down the middle, just to the left of the grass bank on the right.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

just what I was going to say, processing is good otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

For some reason my attention seems to be drawn to the dark area to the right of the curved walkway (underneath the building on the hill) and away from the Colosseum. Ye the crop mentioned above might help :)

• Advertisement

Just for fun, try cropping it down the middle, just to the left of the grass bank on the right.
    like this?
    Colosseum_Crop_by_superflyninja.jpg

Yeah, it gives a different perspective.
    I would still have prefered a lower angle, with the building leading up into the sky.
    Seems like you had a great sky to work with.

Yeah, it gives a different perspective.
    I would still have prefered a lower angle, with the building leading up into the sky.
    Seems like you had a great sky to work with.

speaking of.....
    Colosseum_2_by_superflyninja.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

1st pic is better than the crop but I think the picture itself is too dark.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Great sky ... Well processed.

+1 for getting rid of the lamp - easy to clone out.

My eye keeps getting drawn to the two dark patches, one to the right opn the hill & another in the arches on the Colluseum. If there were some more detail in there it would improve things. I a sure it's there in your RAW file. I like the curves in the foreground but getting rid of some of the clutter at the bottom of the frame would make it stronger too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Nicely processed. I like the shadows. For me, I'd cut/crop out the bottom quadrant and a bit off the right-hand-side aswell.
    /For some reason the building also seems to be falling to the right ! (or maybe thats just my dodgy RIGHT eye !) ;)

Advertisement