Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi - any deals out there?

Options
  • 17-04-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Want to buy a basic Garmin Nuvi (200 or similar) - I see its available for £68 from amazon.co.uk but they dont ship to ireland.

anyone bought a garmin recently for a good price , like sub 100 euro ?

also do you know if i buy one with older maps, can i upgrade it for free to the latest version?

thanks

BTW im doing this cause i'm sick of my tomtom one not having roundabouts/new estates marked correctly and taking what seems to me unnatural routes , im gonna stick it on ebay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

upgrades almost never free: is how they make their mula.
    garmin 205/255 nuvi at about 150 euro now [255 has text to speech]

also check amo again as they changed this policy late april 09

see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=524836#apparel

ps the 68 quid is a refurbed yolk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I thought Amazon.co.uk now ship electronics to Ireland - did you try?
    "Free" upgrades are 'limited' - assume it won't happen.
    As for missing roundabouts/new estates...the Garmin has that too. Don't expect miracles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

silverside wrote: »
    Want to buy a basic Garmin Nuvi (200 or similar) - I see its available for £68 from amazon.co.uk but they dont ship to ireland.

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 205(w) from amazon.co.uk and they delivered here to Dublin 3 days later. No hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

thanks - the 255 is on for a good price (£98 odd) and has speed limits and EU mapping so think I'll order that

in contrast - looking again at google / tomtom maps -- cant believe how out of date they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

halfords have the 200w refurbished uk and ireland for 109.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

blahblah06 wrote: »
    halfords have the 200w refurbished uk and ireland for 109.99

ie and uk maps only:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

komplett have the 265w europe widescreen with bluetooth for 190.

Advertisement