Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tallaght Camera Club

• 17-04-2009 2:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Have not seen this mentioned here yet.

Last Saturday night the Tallaght Camera Club's building was burnt down. They have had a lot of trouble with vandalism. Nasty thing to happen.

Website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

I really don't understand why people do that! Was hoping to go along to a meeting soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

They are still meeting in the school.

You have to understand that children get bored & so need to be able to destroy things to entertain themselves. It's all the communities fault, not theirs. anim_43.gif

CabanSail wrote: »
    They are still meeting in the school.

You have to understand that children get bored & so need to be able to destroy things to entertain themselves. It's all the communities fault, not theirs. anim_43.gif

Isn't it always someone elses fault!!

Will try and make it along to a meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

I'm a member in Tallaght ... I happened along as the fire brigade lads were leaving .... the guards said that the vandals made a "concentrated effort" to cause as much damage as possible... little scrotes....

It happened at 1pm on easter saturday ... broad daylight!!!!

anyway, the clubhouse is totally destroyed, as well as our lights, props, modifiers and any other equipment ...

there were aso some old prints from members which will not be easily replaced ....

We'll bounce back, but it is a nuisance....

we are still meeting in the school and hope to continue with as little hassle as possible ...

anyway eeyore, if you (or anyone) are interested send me a pm and I'll give you the details of how to get there ...

philip

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Sorry to hear that..:mad: I'm into taking pictures of Buses in Dublin which I'm ok at not the greatest at taking pictures but willing to have a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear.

I hope the insurance sorts it out nice and quickly. Really don't see why people would target a photography club :(

Sorry to hear that..:mad: I'm into taking pictures of Buses in Dublin which I'm ok at not the greatest at taking pictures but willing to have a go.

Always welcome new members if you're interested ...
    Rb wrote: »
    That's unfortunate, sorry to hear.

I hope the insurance sorts it out nice and quickly. Really don't see why people would target a photography club :(

The insurance were out last Tueday ... hopefully there wont be any problem....

they targeted the camera club because it's in a vunerable location ... oh...and that they are scum as well :mad:...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

feckin hell, thats insane, hope you can all get it sorted with insurance lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Thats a shame hope all works out well for you. The little Sh**s around Tallaght area were very active over the easter weekend robbing and burning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

pippatee wrote: »

they targeted the camera club because it's in a vunerable location ... oh...and that they are scum as well :mad:...

I think you need a Social Worker to explain why it's the Club that's at fault and not them. The perception that you have an interest & purpose to your existence in trying to create thinhs of value is a direct confrontation to these people. They have had something go wrong in their past, like their mothers latest boyfriend robbed the wrong label trainers to give them. This means you are in the wrong for having Cameras & flaunting it. So your fault really.
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

something please think of the children!!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I bring the Kids Swimming every tuesday in the pool near the Club and it has struck me how well kept and nice the area is, this is not the deprived areas where the kids have nothing to do as I mentioned it has a swimming pool, tymon park is quite close as is the basketball arena these kids have all the latest consoles, this was done out of badness pure and simple, any fundraisers etc that you organising let me know would love to help!

Will be there tonight, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Cabaal wrote: »
    feckin hell, thats insane, hope you can all get it sorted with insurance lads

Cheers Cabaal ... hopeffully it wont be too much hassle ...
    Thats a shame hope all works out well for you. The little Sh**s around Tallaght area were very active over the easter weekend robbing and burning.

I know ... had my motorbike tampered with as well :(
    CabanSail wrote: »
    I think you need a Social Worker to explain why it's the Club that's at fault and not them. The perception that you have an interest & purpose to your existence in trying to create thinhs of value is a direct confrontation to these people. They have had something go wrong in their past, like their mothers latest boyfriend robbed the wrong label trainers to give them. This means you are in the wrong for having Cameras & flaunting it. So your fault really.
    :mad:

I know ... what were we thinking ... being all progressive n' all ;)
    Cabaal wrote: »
    something please think of the children!!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lol
    I bring the Kids Swimming every tuesday in the pool near the Club and it has struck me how well kept and nice the area is, this is not the deprived areas where the kids have nothing to do as I mentioned it has a swimming pool, tymon park is quite close as is the basketball arena these kids have all the latest consoles, this was done out of badness pure and simple, any fundraisers etc that you organising let me know would love to help!

Cheers for that ... I'll give you a shout if needed ...
    eeyore2502 wrote: »
    Will be there tonight, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Great to meet you tonight S ... hope you enjoyed yourself ...

Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

jasus thats tough!!
    i hope it wont get to ye too much and that you all will continue even in the face of such adversity!!

:(

Phil,

Yeah enjoyed it will be back next week. Hope you enjoy your weekend trip.

Advertisement