Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only 6 weeks to go.....

Options
  • 17-04-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

....and here people can post up what things they think will defo come up or anything that is not likely to come up in the Leaving Cert.

Like my irish teacher said that every year there was a meeting of teachers or something and this guy would predict whats comin up and he would be right most of the time but she said that this meeting isn't on this year!

say what subject first!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

say what subject first!
    Modern Greek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

English poets-Bishop montague/longley keats n walcott/
    Irish honours poetry-an mhathair and that one be eithne strong

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

da mbfeidir aris dar cumann and an mhatair one is them is defo coming up in irish along wit jack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

English:

BISHOP, KEATS, LONGLEY AND WALCOTT! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

anything for pass english? one of sasoons or shakespeares is very like i think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

THANK GOD. Am sick to death of school/study/the L.C/6th year (ye was best yr in school but just want to get it over wit at this stage).

THANK GOD. Am sick to death of school/study/the L.C/6th year (ye was best yr in school but just want to get it over wit at this stage).

here here

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

English:

BISHOP, KEATS, LONGLEY AND WALCOTT! :D:D:D

I hope you're right!! Longleys the only one i know...:o

Do ye think the recession will come up in some form on the HL irish paper? Fingers crossed!

Ive heard for biology that reproduction is tipped to come up, and in chemistry, a titration involving potassium permanganate..(the purple stuff, its been so long i cant remember. damn :mad:)...well the one with autocatalysis anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Still 6 weeks is a long time.

I still have a feeling though bleach is going to come up.

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Still 6 weeks is a long time.

I still have a feeling though bleach is going to come up.

hmm, ya, that was on the deb mock. What was on the examcraft? how many titrations are there anyway? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

i actually just did the tick titration today. It was iron tablet. Very managable really if you can just get your hand around the calculations. They are the same each time. Systematic approach but not easy. Probably the most difficult on the course.

my accounting predictions are as follows......

Q1 manufacturing

Q2,3,4 depreciation farm and tabular accounts

Q5 ratios

Q6,7 service firm and incomplete records

Q8 job costing

Q9 cash budgeting

:):):)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Economics:
    Oligopoly/Imperfect Competition
    Elasticity
    World Trade (Either protectionism or exchage rates IMO)
    Government Fiscal Policy (How to stimulate Economy)
    Banking (Ability to create credit/Evaluation of recapitalisation)

I think all of the above are pretty likely. Worth taking a look at at least.

Maths:
    Prove Factor Theorem
    Diff Sine/Cosine from First Principles.

Physics:
    Variation of Fundamental Freq. experiments.
    Acceleration proportional to force experiment.
    Specific Heat Capacity.
    Resistivity/Current .v. P.D.
    X-rays

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Chemistry
    I'm thinking Iron Tablet. The experiment itself is easy enough to answer questions on, the maths can just be a bit...bitty and it's very easy to slip up (for example not realise there are 5 tablets and dividing by 5 etc.)

Biology
    Some flicking through exam papers revealed that Respiration and Photosynthesis come up every year, usually as a full question each. The questions alternate as follows: One year Respiration will come up in section A or B and photosynthesis will come up in Section C, the following year the opposite will be the case. This year Photosynthesis should be in Section A or B (I'm thinking B as the experiment came up in the examcraft mock) and Respiration should be a C part.

(someone tell me if I have this the wrong way round!)

Irish
    The rumours flying round are that Gealt?, Jack and Bimse Buan are hotly tipped to come up as the pass poems. For prose it seems likely that An Bhean Óg and Cearrbhac Mac Cába will be up. For honours poetry people are saying Dá mb'fhéidir arís... and An Mhathair will be up.

English
    Like most people on here are saying, Longley, Bishop and Walcott are highly probable.

(this is all just speculation, don't rely on any tips on this thread alone!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

This 6 weeks is going to fly..and before i know it will be Tuesday the 2nd of June :(

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

if you work it out.. 2 subjects every night, your pretty safe tbh, just one section, of one subject and one moree outta another, your pretty safe.

any ideas for geography?

and, is the kinda average for Mocks to leaving cert points jump like.. 80?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

5 hours a night for the 6 or so weeks should sort me out, will excuse the measly 7 hours ive done for all of easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭daithiolabhrai

oh jesus guys im starting to panic now! i've had a cool head up til now but i'm just starting to get a bit nervous, you know the feeling!

the general consensus from this thread is that Bishop, Keats, Longley and Walcott are coming up in English. Well thats a relief anyway i know 3 of them! But my favourite lesbian, Adrienne Rich, doesn't appear to have a chance of showing up this year :( aww!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I hope you're right!! Longleys the only one i know...:o

Do ye think the recession will come up in some form on the HL irish paper? Fingers crossed!

Ive heard for biology that reproduction is tipped to come up, and in chemistry, a titration involving potassium permanganate..(the purple stuff, its been so long i cant remember. damn :mad:)...well the one with autocatalysis anyways.

:confused:Good Jesus I'm glad i didn't do chemistry!

oh jesus guys im starting to panic now! i've had a cool head up til now but i'm just starting to get a bit nervous, you know the feeling!

the general consensus from this thread is that Bishop, Keats, Longley and Walcott are coming up in English. Well thats a relief anyway i know 3 of them! But my favourite lesbian, Adrienne Rich, doesn't appear to have a chance of showing up this year :( aww!

they could be sneaky fcukers and stick her on this year..

im studying bishop rich and wallcott...

bishop in detail.. the others just in case

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Any ideas for Home Ec???

I heard that theres lots of plant biology on this years paper...

Geography???

:confused:Good Jesus I'm glad i didn't do chemistry!

Haha yup you're lucky!!

I think the real question we need to ask is.......does anyone have the teachers that write the exam papers????

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

i haven't a clue but all i done over easter was 10 hours. i can't get motivated at all. i need someone to help me.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

celtic723 wrote: »
    i haven't a clue but all i done over easter was 10 hours. i can't get motivated at all. i need someone to help me.:confused:

I didn't do anything either. Didn't do anything all year. I'm gonna work really hard for the next 6 weeks. No one can help you so just study!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

The Balinteer English teacher (Carol McGuire) reckons Keats, Longely Bishop and Walcott. I'd say if you study two or three you're grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dking

English: pray to god dat longly comes up only poet that i understand nd have looked over mayby walcott if not ,, will iget away wit just 2????

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

im betting on walcott defo....hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I did nothing but do the Institute course during easter, Im screwed

I hope Bishop comes up in English

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

The Balinteer English teacher (Carol McGuire) reckons Keats, Longely Bishop and Walcott. I'd say if you study two or three you're grand.

Yeah she's been saying the same thing to us and it does seem to make sense given that it's Walcotts first time up as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

hahaha ****...have done nothing......****......but yeah irish and eng do sound right....any one know for art history???

most people think that its going to be iron age for section one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement